How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Green peas are relatively easy to grow, making them a good choice for a first-time gardener or a new garden plot. Keep in mind that pot grown peas require more water than garden grown, possibly up to three times a day.
Here are few simple steps to grow green peas in containers.
- Buy green peas seeds and soak it in water overnight, then sow the seeds 5 centimeters (two inches) apart. Plant 8 seeds in a pot.
- Choose a terra cotta pot which having 12-inch diameter in the bottom and 16- 18 inch across on the top. Leaving 1-2 inch space on top. Put the seeds about 3/4-inch (two centimeters) down in the soil.
- It grows best in well-drained soil having pH range of 6 to 8. Ideal temperature for green peas cultivation is between 10*C to 30*C and 500 mm of rainfall is ideal for its growth. They love a sunny spot but not extreme heat or too much wind. They like moist soil but not waterlogged feet!
- When the peas seedlings have grown 4-inch-tall then provide support. Peas produce tendrils to help them climb upwards. Erect wire netting, or push upright twiggy sticks in the pot to help them grow.
- Trim with scissors just above soil line when the seedlings reach 4-inches to grow better. It requires 11-13 weeks to harvest from sowing.
Hope you liked the article. Show us some love. Like our Facebook page below :
Share this post
- 8 comments
- Tags: Green peas, Home garden, Houseplants, HowtoGrow, TipsforGardening, VegetableGardening