How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Dianthus is a hardy perennial plant that are colorful, drought resistance and bloom in first year. The genus Dianthus contains about 300 species, but only a rather small number warrant the attention of home gardeners.
Plant Type: Dianthus flowers are annual; some species are biennial
Light: Full sun, although several varieties, such as Dianthus deltoides, do well in partial shade.
Water: When it comes to watering Dianthus flowers, keep the soil evenly moist. Do not overwater or allow the potting soil to dry out.
Here are steps to be followed to grow the flowering plant at home :
1. Purchase a species of dianthus seeds which is black in color and has 2mm size. Maintain the soil pH level around 6.75.
2. Choose a decent size pot. Maintain ideal temperature: 15-21°C (60-70°F). It requires cool weather, slightly alkaline soil & full sun exposure.
3. Plant the seeds about 1/8 inch deep and 12 to 18 inches apart. Place soil over the seeds & water regularly until germination.
4. It takes 7-10 days for germination. Do not mulch around them.
5. You can see flowers growing after 8 to 10 weeks. The plant grows up-to 5-7 inches tall. Can decorate the plant indoor.
Hope you liked the article. Show us some love. Like our Facebook page below :
Share this post
- 2 comments
- Tags: Dianthus, flowering plant, Home garden, How to grow Dianthus, HowtoGrow, TipsforGardening, VegetableGardening