How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Cauliflower is a summer plant. It is grown for its edible buds which form a solid head atop single stalks. Heads are sometimes called curds. Heads can be cream, white, purple, or green colored. Broccoflower is a hybrid cross between a cauliflower and a broccoli; broccoflowers have green heads.
Image Credit: Bsntech networks
Cauliflower grows best in rich, well-drained, moisture-retentive soil with a pH within the 6.5 to 8.0 range. Plant cauliflower in full sun. Broccoflower prefers partial shade. Add aged compost to planting beds before planting.
Here are some steps to grow cauliflower at home garden in pots.
- Buy cauliflower seeds which is dark brown in color and has round shape. Springs and summers are the best season to grow them.
- Choose a pot having least 12 inches in diameter and 16 to 18 inches across. Fill the pot with potting soil, leaving 1/2 inch of space at the top. Place four seeds in the center of the pot and lightly cover the seeds with soil.
- Keep the soil moist but not wet. Once the seeds sprout, place the pots near a sunny window or under a grow lamp. It requires 50 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After the seedlings reach 2 inches tall, thin the seedlings to one plant in the pot. Keep the seedlings in six to eight hours of sun every day.
- Blanch your cauliflower when the head is 2 to 3 inches across. To do this, tie the plant's leaves together to form a shade over the head.
- The plant takes about 50 to 120 days to mature. You can harvest them once the head size is around 6 to 8 inch across.
Do not reuse the soil which is used to grow cauliflower as it will have several organisms which might affect the plants.
Hope you liked the article. Show us some love. Like our Facebook page below :
Share this post
- 4 comments
- Tags: Cauliflower, Home garden, Houseplants, HowtoGrow, TipsforGardening, VegetableGardening