How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Growing garlic is an ideal project for the beginning or seasoned gardener. An entire garlic bulb is planted into soil and it creates a garlic vine. Garlic can be planted indoors in containers, where it can be grown in most seasons. Planting in containers indoors can also limit the garlic's exposure to disease or insects. Garlic does take attentive care and the right materials to grow a healthy, flavorful plant. Garlic is a bulbous perennial herb but grown as an annual.
Here are simple 5 steps to grow garlic at home.
1. Buy garlic seeds which are dusk in colour. Garlic grows best in fertile, well-draining soil.
2. Choose a pot that is at least 8 inches (20 cm) deep and has holes for drainage. Mix the potting soil with the gardening sand. It should be a 3 to 1 ratio of soil to sand. Add 4-5 seeds 4 inch away in the pot. Garlic prefers soil with a pH 6.5 – 7.0.
3. Push each clove 4 to 6 inches (10 to 15 cm) into the soil. There should be 1 inch (2.54 cm) of soil between the top of the clove and the top of the soil. Place the pot so that it receives approximately 8 hours of direct sunlight per day.
4. Water in well with liquid seaweed. When the shoots are about 5cm high, add mulch thickly to suppress weeds. Garlic grows 40-60cm high depending on the variety and although you may not get as large bulbs in a pot, they are most definitely worth growing.
5. Harvest your garlic 8 to 10 months later when the leaves begin to die and turn brown.
Hope you liked the article. Show us some love. Like our Facebook page below :
Share this post
- 0 comments
- Tags: garlic, How to, How to Grow Garlic, HowtoGrow, Indoorplants, TipsforGardening, trustbasket, VegetableGardening