How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Apple gourd - Tinda Seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Tinda seeds overnight for better germination?
As we saw most of the cases, If does not soak the Tinda seeds also it will work fine. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the begging, but when the roots reach 2 to 3 inches in the length it requires some more space to grow. So direct pot is the best to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Tinda?
Winter season is the best season to grow Tinda plants. Tinda requires cool weather also it need more water.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Tinda seeds can available in all the season also germinate any season. But It needs more water to grow. In case, you have any water resources you can this plants. Otherwise, winter and rainy are the best seasons.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Tinda will take 7 to 15 days to germinate. During the germination time, the soil around the plant must be moist.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
Tindas are the cool season crop so no need to cover it by the plastic, it can germinate without covering the plastic.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Tindas may be cool weather crop but it need at least 2 to 3 hours sunlight every day. So better to place grow it outdoor or else we have to place it where it can get sunlight properly.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
As we recommended round container is comfortable to grow it. Tindas requires more space grow the root.
9. What temperature is required?
It needs 15 to 22 temperature to grow quickly. This temperature Tindas stars to grow quickly.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of all the plant need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Tindas consume more water compared to any other plants. It needs regular water in the summer season, two days once in winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Some times due heavy sunlight Tinda plants can burn.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Tindas can grow indoor with less sunlight. But it needs only two to three hours sunlight per day. So place it where it can get sunlight.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Tinda can attack by some common diseases. In the case of any diseases, you can apply the "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight against the most of the common diseases. Our neem oil can available with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Tinda will take 75 to 90 days to harvest from the sow. Till that, we need to provide the water on time.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit color )
When the Tinda will come for the good color and size it ready for the harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We can harvest the Tindas by cutting from the knife or pruning secateurs safely, Ir will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend