How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Bitter gourd seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
We advise sowing directly to the land. Non- soaked seeds also will perform well. So no need to soak the seeds.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
Seeding in the tray is a best practice because due to heavy rain sometimes there is a chance to lose the seeds. So if it is in the tray we can able to shift it soon. After reaching 2 to 3 inches in the length than we can sow into the pot or to the land.
3. What is the best season?
Bitter gourd is a hot weather crop. Better to grow in the summer season, it requires hot weather. Hot weather increases the germination process.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Bitter gourd seeds are available in all the season also germinate in all season. But it will give good performance in summer.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
If you are providing properly water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix ) will take 2 to 3 weeks to germinate from
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
It is not necessary to cover all plants. Someone required, someone not. Bitter gourd can germinate without covering the
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
We can grow Bitter gourd either indoor or in the outdoor. But need nearly six hours sunlight every day. So it is better to keep outdoor.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
The deep round container is suitable to grow Bitter gourd. Because it requires consume more place to grow under the soil.
9. What temperature is required?
Bitter gourd is requires 15 to 21-degree temperature to grow. In this temperature bitter gourd will encourage the quick growing.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you’re using our potting mix no need to invest for any other fertilizer or compost. Because our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Potting mix increases the quality of the soil and it helps to grow healthy.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Bitter gourd is a low water consumer, it does not take more water to grow. Below instruction can help you while watering Summer : Water should be two times per week. Winter ; Water should be three days once. Rainy : Most of the times watering is not required. Water only if it does not rain for 4 days in a row"
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As a hot weather crop Bitter gourd can sustain from the high sunlight also it encourages to grow quickly in this season.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Bitter gourd needs sunlight. All the plant required that it is a needed once. Bitter gourd needs nearly 6 hours sunlight every day. Otherwise, it can grow.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Bitter gourd can attack by squash and cantaloupe like common diseases. If you are facing these problems better to use “Neem oil”. Neem oil can fight against diseases 100%. Our Neem oil available with the user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Bitter gourd will take 150 to 180 days to harvest from sowing as a healthy. Till that we should prove the water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem oil (In the case of any diseases) properly.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
Only the color is not a good indicator but when the bitter gourd reaches 4 to 5 inches in the length, it ready to harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We can harvest the Bitter gourd easily. Just cut the bitter gourd from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend