How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Capsicum green seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Capsicum seeds overnight for better germination?
We can soak the capsicum seeds for quick germination. Soaked seeds can germinate soon. But make sure it all the seeds does not require the sorking format.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
At the begging, we can sow the Capsicum seeds on the tray. But after growing the roots longer, it needs deep space. So it is better to sow in the pot or directly to the land
3. What is the best season to grow Capsicum?
As we experimented Capsicum will grow quickly in the summer season. During the hot weather, Capsicum’s germination process will be strong.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Capsicum seeds are available in all season (Trust Basket) also it will germinate in all the season. But summer is the best time to grow Capsicum.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Capsicum will take 30 to 40 days germinate. During the germination period, the soil must be moist. Moisture soil can increase the growing speed.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plants from the plastic. Capsicum will grow healthy without covering the plants also.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Capsicum needs direct sunlight, sunlight can help to grow quickly also it avoids the common diseases.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
The deep round container is suitable to grow Capsicum. Because Capsicum's roots will take more space to grow.
9. What temperature is required?
Capsicum requires 15 to 21' degree temperature to grow quickly.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Almost all the plants need fertilizer and compost mix mandatorily. If you’re using our potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost or fertilizer. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost contact on it. It increases the soil quality and rehabilitee.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Capsicum needs water three days once in winter and rainy season. Regular water in summer season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As a warm weather crop, it can sustain heavy sunlight. Sunlight increases the growing speed.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Capsicum requires, at least four to five hours sunlight per day. So place it where it can get the sunlight properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Bacterial wilt, Bacterial spot, Powdery mildew, Anthracnose, Cercospora spot are the common diseases. In case your plants facing those problems, we advise use “Neem oil”. Neem oil will avoid the diseases. Also, it helps to grow quick.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Capsicum will take more than 60 days to harvest from the sow. Till that we need to provide the fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem oil on time.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit color )
When the Capsicum will come to green color and good color it ready for harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Capsicum directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the Capsicum from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend