How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Chilli green long seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Chilli seeds overnight for better germination?
We need to soak the Chilli seeds for a day and need to keep dry for 1 to 2 hours then it will give the good performance. As we experimented Chillies yielding good after soaking.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or Direct sow is recommended?
At the beginning we can sow on the tray after it is grown up to 2 to 3 inches, it requires some more space. we have to transplant it to the pot or the container.
3. What is the best season to grow Chilli?
Challies need hot weather and dry soil. So summer is the best season. It's germination process will be strong in the summer season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Chilli seeds germinate in all the season but in the summer, it will give good the performance. Warm weather helps to yield well.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
chilli seeds will take 5 to 10 days to germinate from the sow. While germinating the seeds we have to maintain watering properly.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
We need to cover it by the plastic, to maintain the constant temperature, But makes sure that make some hole for the oxygen transmission.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Chilies plants need nearly 5 to 7 hours sunlight every day. So it is better to keep it in outdoor.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Round container is the best to grow chillies because its roots are not much longer. so it won't consumes more space.
9. What temperature is required?
18' to 21' F temperature is best to grow chillies.In this temperature chillies will encourage the quick growing.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using Potting mix, then no need to invest for compost. Potting mix has fertiliser and compost content on it. It helps to keep the soil moist for a long time also it resist the diseases.
3. How to Water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Chillies plant consumes more water. Below steps can help to watering..
Summer : Watering should daily once.
Winter : Watering should be two days once.
Rainy : Most of the times watering is not required. Water only if it does not rain for 4 days in a row. we can observe it from the top surface of the pot.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Chillies like sunlight also this is a warm weather crop that requires full sunlight. It can be sustain from the high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It requires hot weather, we can grow it in the indoor also, but we have to place it where it can get sunlight properly.
4. Pests or Diseases.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white files, many are there like this?
This vector spread the maximum disease during the month of August to October and it suffers from the fungal, bacterial and viral diseases. In case if you're facing those problems we advise to use " Neem oil ". It avoids common diseases. Our neem oil bottle also comes with usage instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Chillies will take nearly 80 to 95 days to the harvest from seeding. Till that we have to take care of that by watering, providing fertiliser( Potting mix), using pesticide (Neem oil) whenever necessary.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
The only colour is not a good identification. But we can harvest when it come to green colour also it should be 2 to 3 inched in length.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
We can pluck the chillies by hand or we can cut it by pruning secateurs. It will start to regenerate again.
We Also Recommend