How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Cockscomb red seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Cockscomb seeds overnight for better germination?
Soaking is an advantage to germinates the seeds quickly. Soaked seeds help to grow quickly. But soaking is not applicable to all the seeds.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can make the seeding on the tray. It is a best practice. which helps to make the bulk forming. If we are growing in-tray, we can shift the plants or seeds soon. sometimes there are chances to lose the seeds due to heavy rain, like this times it is very healthful.
3. What is the best season to grow Cockscomb?
It can grow healthy in the summer season. In this season, Cockscomb encouraged to grow.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
It can grow healthy in the summer season. In this season, Cockscomb encouraged to grow fast.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Cockscombs will take 10 to 15 days to germinate. During the germination period, it requires moist soil, which increases the germination capacity.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plastic, it can work fine without covering the plants also. It is not applicable to all the plants.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
We can grow the Cockscomb plants either indoor or outdoor. But it need complete sunlight nearly four to five hours per day.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container is suitable to grow the plants. Our rectangular container has large space on it. It helps to grow the plant's root lengthy.
9. What temperature is required?
We can expect the best result in 15-20°C temperature. This temperature helps to grow quickly.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Fertilizer and compost are the mandatorily required things to grow the plants, for that no need to invest separately. If you're buying Our potting mix, it has fertilizer and compost content on it. It increases the growing capacity.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
It needs water on time to grow healthy. It needs water 4 to 5 days once in the winter and rainy season. 5 to 6 days once in the summer season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Cockscombs are a warm-weather crop that require full sun, which means four or more hours of the sun per day. So it will sustain heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
This plant needs complete direct sunlight, so it is batter to sow in outdoor. It will get sufficient sunlight outside.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Spider mites and aphids both are the common diseases can attack to the Cockscombs. Like this diseases, we recommended Neem oil. Which can clear the complete diseases and also helps to make the plants strong.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
It will take 80 to 95 days to the harvest from the sowing. Till that we should provide water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix)and Neem oil properly.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the flowers will come for the good color it ready to harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We can cut the flower by the help of pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again
We Also Recommend