How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Dahlia mixed seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Dahlias seeds overnight for better germination?
Do not soak the seeds in the water, because non-soaked seeds also can works fine. Soaking is not applicable to all the plants
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can sow the seeds in the tray at the beginning When the plant's roots reach 2 to 3 inches in the length it need someone place to grow. On that time, we have to transplants the plants to the pot
3. What is the best season to grow Dahlias ?
Dahlias are growing quickly in the summer season, summer season helps to germinate soon.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Dahlia seeds are available in all the season, but its germination speed increases in the summer season. So better to grow in the summer season.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Dahlias will expect the moist soil around it. During the moist soil, it can germinate in 7 to 21 days.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plants by the plastic. It can grow healthy without covering the plants also. It needs direct sunlight.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Starting 2 to 3 weeks, it can germinate in the indoor warm weather. Later it needs direct sunlight. So better to place the plants outdoor.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container will be sufficient to grow the Dahlia plants. This container has large space to grow.
9. What temperature is required to grow Dahlias ?
Dahlias can cultivate quickly in 18-20C temperature. In this temperature, Dahlias cannot get any diseases.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
All the plants need fertilizer and compost mix to grow, this two are the basic requirement. If you are using our potting mix no need to invest for any other compost, because our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. It helps to keep the soil moist for a long time and helps to grow.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Dahlias are low water consumer, it takes less watering. Four to five days once in the summer season. If top surface is fully dry we can spray the water again. Five to six days once in the winter and in the rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
It is a warm weather crop also it likes hot weather. So it can sustain from the high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Starting two to three weeks it can grow without sunlight, later it need complete direct sunlight (It requires 4 to 5 hours sunlight every day)
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Dahlias can attack by Bacterial Wilt, Bacteriosis, Canker and dieback diseases, Crown Gall, Powdery Mildew some other common diseases. In the case of this diseases, we recommend applying the "Neem oil". Which can destroy the diseases and it makes plants strong.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you are proving water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and neem oil (in the case of any disease) properly, it will take 90 to 100 days to harvest.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the flower will come for the good color, we can harvest the flowers.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Celosia flowers directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the flowers from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend