How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
France beans seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Beans seeds overnight for better germination?
We have to soak the Beans seeds for a day for better performance and need to keep dry for an hour. If we soak the seeds it will germinate quickly.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
After reaching the root length 1 to 2 inches, it requires some more space. So it is better to transplant the plant to the pot or directly to the land.
3. What is the best season?
Beans are cool weather crop. It requires cool weather. So winter and rainy seasons are better to grow the plants. In this seasons, it helps to grow soon.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Beans seeds are available in all the seasons also, it will germinate in all the season. But it gives the good performance in rainy and winter.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Beans like cool weather, so we need to keep the soil moist and healthy. It will take 10 to 15 days to germinate from sow as a healthy plant.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plastics to the plants. It requires cool weather, so no need to cover the plastic. If does not cover also it works fine.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
We can grow the beans either indoor or in the outdoor. In case, you’re planning to grow indoor. Place it where it can get at least 3 to 4 hours sunlight every day or else sow in outdoor.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Round container is enough for the beans because its roots will not grow very lengthy.
9. What temperature is required?
Beans will grow comfortably between the 7 to 15-degree temperature. In this temperature Beans will encourage the quick growing.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Potting mix is enough to grow Beans. Beans are required fertilizer and compost. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. So if you’re using our potting mix no need to invest for any other compost.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Beans may be cool weather crop but it takes more water compared to other plants. Water maintenance is very important to grow. Below methods can help you while watering Summer : Water should be daily. Winter : Two days once. Rainy : Most of the times watering is not required. Water only if it does not rain for 4 days in a row.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
It can sustain from the high sunlight. Beans plants are not that much weak.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Beans can grow in indoor also but we have to place it where it can get at least 3 to 4 hours sunlight. Otherwise, plants will not grow properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Beans can attack by Xanthomonas campestris, Phaseoli. So like this cases, we advise to use “Neem oil”. Neem oil can fight against the diseases. It protects the complete plant.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Beans will take 50 to 60 days for the harvest from seeding. Till that days, we have to proved water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem oil (In the case of any diseases) properly.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
Only the color is not a good indicator. But when the Beans grow 3 to 5 inches in the length and when it come for the green color we can harvest the Beans.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
When the Beans are ready for harvest cut off the beans by head shower carefully. No needs to remove the plants, it will regenerate again.
6. Advantages of Beans
- Beans can help you lose weight
- Beans can help manage diabetes
- Beans can raise blood pressure
- Beans can make you gassy
We Also Recommend