How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Gaillardia seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Gaillardia seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the Gaillardia plant seeds in the water. It will give the same performance if it does not soak also. So soaking the waste of time for Gaillardia seeds.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
It is good practice to grow in a tray because sometimes due to heavy rain there are possibilities to lose the seeds. So if it is in tray we can shift it to somewhere.
3. What is the best season to grow Gaillardia?
Gaillardia is giving best yield in summer season because it need full sunlight also it commonly it won't get any diseases in this season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Gaillardia can germinate in all season also it performs well But in summer, its germination process will be strong
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Gaillardia will take 5 to 15 days to germinate seeds. But keep the soil moist until the seeds sprout and proved the fertilizer and compost (potting mix)properly to grow as healthy plants.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plants by plastic because it requires direct sunlight. Direct sunlight helps to keep the plants healthy.
7. Can we keep Gaillardia plant indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Almost all the flower plants grow under the sunlight. We can grow the Gaillardia plants either indoor or in the outdoor but make sure that we need to place it where it can get sunlight, at least 5 to 6 hours sunlight every day.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Round container is suitable to grow Gaillardia. Gaillardia's roots are very lengthy so it consume more place. What's why we advise using round container. It has large and deep space on it.
9. What temperature is required?
As a warm weather crop it is. It needs 21°C (70°F) temperature to grow. In this temperature, Gaillardia's germination process will be very strong.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
All the flower plants require fertilizer and compost to grow quickly. If you're using our potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost or fertilizer because our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Gaillardia takes more water, watering should be regular in the summer season, two days once in winter season and three days once in rainy season (If rainwater does not flow to the plant)
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Gaillardia can sustain from high sunlight because it likes hot weather also in the summer season, warm weather helps to germinate quickly.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Sometimes due to less sunlight, it will not grow properly. so it is better to grow outdoor or place it where it can get sunlight properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Gaillardia can attack by Bacterial leaf spot, Septoria leaf spot, Powdery mildew, Viruses. In case if you're facing those problems we advise to use Neem oil. Neem oil can fight against the diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you're providing the water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and neem oil (In case any diseases) on the time it will take nearly 10 weeks to harvest as a healthy Gaillardia.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit color )
When it come for the good color it is ready to harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Gaillardia directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the Gaillardia from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend