How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Kochia seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Kochia seeds overnight for better germination?
We can soak the Kochia seeds for better germination. Soaked seeds can germinate quickly compared to non-soaked seeds. But make sure that soaking format will not applicable to all kind of the varieties.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can make the seeding on the tray. It is a best practice. which helps to make the bulk forming. If we are growing in-tray, we can shift the plants or seeds soon. sometimes there are chances to lose the seeds due to heavy rain, like this times it is very healthful.
3. What is the best season to grow the Kochia?
we can expect the good result in the summer season. In this season, it helps to grow quickly. Summer season always increases the cultivate capacity.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Kochia seeds can available in all the season. also, it germinates in all the season. But in the summer season, its germination process will be strong.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
If we are keeping the soil moist it can germinate soon, that means nearly 10 to 25 days. The moist soil can increase the growing speed.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
Every plant doesn't require covering format. As a warm weather crop, it is. It needs direct sunlight, at least, four to five hours.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
During the germination period only it can grow without sunlight. Later that it need complete direct sunlight, which helps to grow healthy. So better to grow in outdoor or in indoor, place it where it can get sunlight properly.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A round container will be comfortable to grow the Kochia plants. Kochia can spread its roots deeply. So it needs more place to grow. Our round container has sufficient place on it.
9. What temperature is required to grow Kochia?
We can expect the quick result in 18 to 21' degree temperature. In this temperature, Kochia plants start to grow soon.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Almost all the plants required fertilizer and compost. If you are using our potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost or fertilizer. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. It helps to grow healthy.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Kochia plants can live with consuming the less water. This plants won't expect more water. In the summer, it needs water for four to five days once. Six to seven days once in the winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Kochia is a warm weather crop also it likes direct sunlight. So it can sustain from the high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It needs, at least, four to five sunlight every day, so it is better to place the plants where it can get the sunlight every day.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Phytophthora Blight, Bacterial Blight are the common diseases. We can destroy the common disease by applying the "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight with diseases. Our Neem oil comes with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
It will take 80 to 90 days to grow as a maturity plant.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the flowers will come for the good color it ready to harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We can cut the flower by the help of pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again
We Also Recommend