How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Mesembryanthemum seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Mesembryanthemum seeds overnight for better germination?
Better to soak the seeds before sowing. Some seeds are not required soaking but Mesembryanthemum seeds need soaking. Soaked seeds will germinate quickly.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
Before sprout generation only we can maintain in the tray later it need more space to grow the roots. So after sprout transplant to the pot or directly to the land.
3. What is the best season to grow Mesembryanthemum ?
Winter season is the best season to grow the Mesembryanthemum plants. Mesembryanthemum plants need complete cool weather, we can expect that weather in the winter season. So it is better to grow in the winter season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Mesembryanthemum seeds can available in all the season also germinate in all the season. But in the winter season, it cultivates quickly.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Mesembryanthemum doesn't require more watering during the germination period and the soil should be moist. In this method seeds can germinate in 14-28 days.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
Mesembryanthemums are never expected coverage by the plastic. It can grow without covering the plastic also.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
In the germination period only it can grow without sunlight, after the sprout, it requires full sunlight. So better to place it where it can get the sunlight properly.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container is better to grow the Mesembryanthemums plants. This plant requires the more place to grow its roots, so our rectangular pot has the sufficient place to grow.
9. What temperature is required?
We can expect the best result in 15-20°C temperature. This temperature helps to grow quickly.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
All the flower plants require fertilizer and compost to grow quickly. If you're using our potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost or fertilizer because our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. It increases the growing speed.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Even in hot weather, the plant does not need watering more than once every two or three days, five to six days once in the winter and in the rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
It can sustain from the high sunlight. Mesembryanthemum needs direct sunlight to grow. So it can sustain from the high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Better to place it outdoor, if you like to grow in indoor place it where it can get the sunlight properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Mesembryanthemum can attack by the Common ice plant, Botrytis cinerea, Glyceraldehyde, and some other diseases. If your plants facing this problem we advise using "Neem oil ". Neem oil can clear all kinds of diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Mesembryanthemum can come for the harvest nearly 80 to 90 days after the sowing. Till that we need to care the plants by providing the water, potting and neem oil on time.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the flowers will come for the good color it ready to harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We can pluck the flowers directly from the hand or cut the flower by the help of pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again
We Also Recommend