How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Petunia blue seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Petunia seeds overnight for better germination?
Soaking is not applicable to all seeds. Petunia also not require soaking. Soaking will not work every seed.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
Better to sow the Petunia seeds in the tray. If we are growing in the tray we can shift anywhere in case of heavy rain. When the root reaches 2 to 3 inches in the length then transplant to the pot.
3. What is the best season?
We can grow Petunia plants in the summer season. Warm weather helps to grow quickly also in this season it resist the diseases.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Petunia seeds are available in all the season (TrustBasket). But it will grow in the summer season with fast germination speed.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Petunia plants may be warm weather crop but it need moist soil around it. It will take 8 to10 days to germinate.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
We have to cover the plants until they begin to sprout. After the sprout generation, it can grow without covering the plastic.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Petunia is an indoor plant. We have to grow it in indoor. It doesn't require sunlight. So it is better to grow indoor.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container is best to grow Petunia plants. Petunia takes more space to grow.
9. What temperature is required to grow the Petunia plants?
Petunias need 21 to 23 temperature. In this temperature, it starts to grow soon
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
All the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. If you're using our potting mix enough. Our potting mix had fertilizer and compost mix on it. So resist the diseases and also to help to keep the soil healthy.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Petunias are less water consumers, it won't take more water. Weekly once in summer, four or five days once in winter and rainy season ( if rain water is flowing to the plant).
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
It cannot sustain from the high sunlight, so it is better to grow in indoor.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Sunlight not required to grow Petunia. It can grow without sunlight. Just it needs warm weather only.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
You can see the signs of aphids and caterpillars, pests that can destroy your petunias. In the case of those diseases, we advise using "Neem oil". Neem oil can destroy the diseases and also it helps grow healthy.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you're providing water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem (In the case of any diseases) it will take 4 to 5 weeks to harvest from the seeding.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit color )
When the flower color come to the good color we can harvest the flowers.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Petunias directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. Petunias can regenerate the flowers from the same point, so no need to remove the plants.
We Also Recommend