How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Pumpkin seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Pumpkin seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the Pumpkin seeds in the water. If we do not soak the seeds also it will give the same performance.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
Better to grow the seeds in the tray. Sometimes due to heavy rain we can lose the seeds, so if it is in the tray, we can shift it to some other place easily.
3. What is the best season to grow Pumpkin?
Summer is the best season to grow Pumpkin. Warm weather helps to grow quickly.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Pumpkin seeds can available in all the season, also it germinate in all the season. But in the summer season, we can expect the quick result.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Pumpkins will take nearly 5 to 10 days to germinate. Moisture soil increases the growing speed. So we should keep the soil moist.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
Pumpkin is growing healthy without covering the plastics. Because these plants need direct sunlight to grow.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Pumpkin plants are basically outdoor plants. It needs sunlight if plants can get the sunlight in the indoor we can grow it in indoor. Otherwise places it outdoor.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container is suitable to for the Pumpkin. Pumpkin consumes more place to grow. So our rectangular pot has sufficient space to grow it.
9. What temperature is required to grow Pumpkin?
Pumpkins are growing quickly in 18 to 21 temperature. This temperature helps cultivate soon.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Fertilizer and compost are the mandatorily required things to grow plants, for that no need to invest separately. If you're buying Our potting mix, it has fertilizer and compost content on it. It increases the growing capacity.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Pumpkins are not heavy water consumers. It needs water regular in the summer season, two or three days once in the winter and rainy season. If top surface is fully dry spray the water once again.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Pumpkins like warm weather. So it can sustain heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Sometimes due to less sunlight plants cannot alive. So place the plants where it can get the sunlight properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Phytophthora Blight, Fruit Spot Bacterial Fruit Spot, Powdery Mildew are the common diseases to it. If you find this diseases in your plants, you can apply the "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight against the diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you are providing the fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Nee oil, Pumpkims will take 100-130 days to come for the harvest from the sow.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? (mention the height of plant or fruit color )
When the Pumpkims comes for good color and size it ready for harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
Just cut the Pumpkims from the pruning secateurs safely, no need to remove the plants it will start to give the fruit again it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend