How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Ridge gourd seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Ridge gourd seeds overnight for better germination?
Soak the Ridge gourd seeds in the clean water. Soaked seeds can work fine. Soaking helps to germinate quickly.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
If you're planning to grow the plants bulk, it is better to sow in the tray. Because we able to shift it soon. Also we can transplant to the pot directly.
3. What is the best season to grow Ridge gourd?
Ridge gourd are the warm weather crop. So it is better to grow in the summer season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Ridge gourd can germinate in all the season. But it is giving the best result in the summer season.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Ridge gourd will take 15 to 25 days to germinate. Till the germination, the soil should be moist.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plants by the plastic cover, all the plants not required that. Aster also can grow without covering the plastic.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
We can grow the Ridge gourd in either indoor or in the outdoor. But we should place it where it can get the sunlight, at least three to four hours properly.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Round container is suitable to grow Ridge gourd Because its root can spread longer. Round has large space on it. So it can help to grow broadly.
9. What temperature is required?
Ridge gourd needs 18 to 25-degree temperature to grow. In this temperature Ridge gourd can start to cultivate soon.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Fertilizer and compost are the required things to grow the plants. If you're using our potting mix no need to invest for those things separately. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. It can make the plant strong.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Ridge gourd need water regular in the summer season and two to three days once in the winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As a warm weather crop, it can sustain from the high sunlight. It likes summer and also it cultivate soon in this season.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Ridge gourd is a warm-weather crop, that requires full sun, which takes 3 or more hours of the sun per day. It can't sustain in less sunlight.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Angular leaf spot, Cause both are very common diseases. In the case of this diseases, you can apply the "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight against the most of the common diseases. Our neem oil can available with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
It will take nearly 180 days for harvest from the sow. Till that, we should keep the soil moist and need to add the potting mix and Neem oil.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit color )
When the Ridge gourd will come for the good size and color it ready for the harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Ridge gourd directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut them from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend