How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Palak seeds (Spinach) (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
Palak seeds are not required soaking in the water. It will give the same result if it does not soak also.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
Seeding in the tray is a best practice because due to heavy rain sometimes there is a chance to lose the seeds. So if it is in the story we can able to shift it soon. After reaching a 2 to 3 inches in the length than we can sow into the pot or to the land.
3. What is the best season?
Palak seeds are hot weather crop. So it is better to grow in the summer season. During the summer season, its germination process will be strong.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Palak or spinach seeds are available in all the seasons also it germinate in all the season, But it will germinate quickly in the summer season.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
We can cover the plant by plastic, at the beginning 2 weeks of sowing. Later we need to remove the plastic. After two week it needs sunlight.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
It is better to grow it in the outdoor because it needs 6 hours sunlight every day or else place it where it can get sunlight properly.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Spinach's roots are much longer, so it is better to sow in the land. It requires space to grow the root.
9. What temperature is required?
Spinach prefers temperatures between 15 to 17 degrees. In this temperature Spinach germination process will be strong.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Almost all the plants required fertilizer and compost. If you are using our potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost or fertilizer. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Spinach is a highly water consumer plants, it requires more water. You can maintain the watering as below. Summer : Water should be daily once. Winter : Water should be two or three days once. Rainy : If rain water is flowing to the plant, no need to watering to it. In case, not three days once.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As a summer season crop. Palak can sustain from the high sunlight. During the summer season, palak can grow healthy.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
We can grow Palak in indoor also but we have to place the plants where it can get at least 5 to 6 hours sunlight every day.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
There are some possibilities to get the common diseases. Downy mildew is a major common disease. If you are facing this problem use “Neem oil”. Neem oil can destroy the diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you’re providing properly water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and neem oil (In the case of any diseases) it will take 6 to 8 weeks to grow from seed to harvest. Some spinach depends with varieties.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the Palak leaves reach 4 to 6 inches in the length it is ready to harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
Just cut the leaves from spinach from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
6. Advantages of Palak
- It Improves the quality of your sperm
- It controls your blood sugar level
- Gives you whiter teeth
- Improves your brain function
We Also Recommend