How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Papaya seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Papaya seeds overnight for better germination?
Soak the Papaya seeds in light hot water for on hour for quick germination. Soaked seeds can work quick. But soaking is applicable to all seeds.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the begging, but when the roots reach 2 to 3 inches in the length it requires some more space to grow. So direct pot is the best to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Papaya?
Summer season is the best season to grow Papaya plants. In the summer season, Papaya starts to grow soon.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Papaya seed is available in all the season also it germinate in all the season. But its germination process will be very strong in the summer season.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Papaya will take two weeks to germinate, during the germination period the soil must be moist.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
We can cover the Papaya pots from the plastic to maintain the constant temperature. By covering the plastic, we can maintain the continuous moisture.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Till germinate the seeds, it doesn't require the sunlight, later it needs complete sunlight. Papaya plants can grow more than 10 feet, so better grow in outdoor.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Beginning we can grow at round or in the rectangular container, but Papaya can grow more than 10 feet. So better to transplants directly into the land.
9. What temperature is required to grow Papaya?
Papayas require between 10 to 22 temperature to grow quickly.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
No need to invest for any other compost or the fertilizer, if you are using our potting mix, Our potting has fertilizer and compost on it. So it makes root strong and it makes plant healthy.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Papaya does not require more water, three days once in winter and rainy season, two days once in the summer season. Overwatering can invite the diseases.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Papaya is a warm-weather crop, so it can sustain heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It can grow with less sunlight means it needs at least two to three hours sunlight.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Bacterial leaf spot, Anthracnose, Phytophthora fruit and stem rot are the common diseases. If your plant facing this problem we recommended to apply the "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight with diseases. Our Neem can available with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Papaya will take seven to eight weeks to harvest from the seeding. But till that plant need complete moist around the plant.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the Papaya will come to good color and size it ready to harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Papaya directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the Papaya from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend