Growing green peas at home- All that you should know! I hope you would have loved my previous blog post about “summer squash”. I was wondering what to write about when this frisky thought...
Kochia is widely grown as an ornamental annual and as a forage crop. It is highly drought tolerant plant, it will usually grow well where nothing else thrives. It is highly resistant to most diseases and insect pests, so rarely needs applications of costly pesticides or insecticides.
Here is simple easy steps to grow kochia at home garden.
- Buy kochia seeds which has rough triangular appearance and is flat, grayish-black in color. It grows better in summers and springs.
- Choose a terra cotta pot. Plant the seeds depth of 1/4 of an inch below the soil's surface. Avoid planting the kochia seeds too deep. Preferable to have 4-5 seeds per pot.
- Once the seeds emerged make sure that you have only 2-3 best seedlings. They do not compete well against weeds and grasses.
- Keep the seeds moist until germination occurs. Once the seeds start to grow, water the seedlings once per week.
- Keep kochia trimmed back to prevent the plant from producing seeds which can spread rapidly in the garden and become a nuisance.
- Harvest should take place when the plants stand 18 to 26 inches in height.
Buy your Kochia seeds today.
Hope you liked the article. Show us some love. Like our Facebook page below :
Share this post