All About Growing Capsicum From Seeds Growing capsicums from seeds is by far the most inexpensive way to get hold of a bountiful harvest of fresh, juicy capsicums for your pizzas and burgers. If yo...
1. Get chilli seeds which is heart shaped and brown in color. Chilli seeds require 20° C to germinate.
2. You can sow several seeds per pot. Place your chilli seeds on top of the soil ( sprinkle the seeds on soil ) and cover with thin layer of soil.
3. Use plastic container tather than terra cotta as it draws moisture out of the soil. Chilli ( Capsicumannuum ) like warm and humid conditions.
4. Use a multipurpose compost mix. Water your green chile seedlings twice a week throughout the growing season to keep the soil moist to a depth of several inches.
5.Insect pests that commonly affect green chiles include aphids, cutworms and whiteflies. Use 2 tablespoons cooking oil and 2 tablespoons of baby shampoo with 1 gallon of water to eradicate pests.
6. Plant grows upto 60 cm height and will be ready for harvesting. Use a pair of sharp scissors to cut the Chilli off the plant, leaving about an inch of the stem attached.