Growing green peas at home- All that you should know! I hope you would have loved my previous blog post about “summer squash”. I was wondering what to write about when this frisky thought...
1. Get chilli seeds which is heart shaped and brown in color. Chilli seeds require 20° C to germinate.
2. You can sow several seeds per pot. Place your chilli seeds on top of the soil ( sprinkle the seeds on soil ) and cover with thin layer of soil.
3. Use plastic container tather than terra cotta as it draws moisture out of the soil. Chilli ( Capsicumannuum ) like warm and humid conditions.
4. Use a multipurpose compost mix. Water your green chile seedlings twice a week throughout the growing season to keep the soil moist to a depth of several inches.
5.Insect pests that commonly affect green chiles include aphids, cutworms and whiteflies. Use 2 tablespoons cooking oil and 2 tablespoons of baby shampoo with 1 gallon of water to eradicate pests.
6. Plant grows upto 60 cm height and will be ready for harvesting. Use a pair of sharp scissors to cut the Chilli off the plant, leaving about an inch of the stem attached.
Hope you liked the article. Show us some love. Like our Facebook page below :
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: garden, Green Chilli, Houseplants, Kitchen garden, pest control, TipsforGardening, VegetableGardening