1. HOW TO GERMINATE SEEDS
1. SHOULD WE SOAK THE GOMPHRENA SEEDS OVERNIGHT FOR BETTER GERMINATION?
Gomphrena seeds can work fine after soaking the seeds. As we experimented soaked seeds can germinate quickly.
2. SHOULD WE USE THE SEEDLING TRAY OR DIRECT SOW IS RECOMMENDED?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. WHAT IS THE BEST SEASON TO GROW GOMPHRENA?
Gomphrena plants are warm-weather season. During the summer season, it can grow quickly.
4. WILL IT GERMINATE IN ALL SEASONS?
It can germinate in summer season soon..Gomphrena seeds can germinate in all the season
5. HOW MANY DAYS WILL IT TAKE TO GERMINATE?
If you're giving moist soil and warm weather around it, it will take 14 to 21 days to germinate.
6. CAN WE KEEP IT INDOOR AFTER SOWING OR WE SHOULD KEEP IT OUTDOOR?
Gomphrena needs complete direct sunlight. Direct sunlight can help to grow as healthy plants.
7. WHICH CONTAINER IS SUITABLE? RECTANGULAR, ROUND?
A rectangular container is suitable to grow the plants. Our rectangular container has a large space in it. It helps to grow the plant's root length.
8. WHAT TEMPERATURE IS REQUIRED?
Gomphrena can cultivate quickly in 20 to 25-degree temperature. In this temperature, plants grow well.
1. WILL THE COCO PEAT BASED POTTING MIX BE SUFFICIENT OR DOES IT NEED SOIL ONLY?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. The potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. HOW TO WATER?
1. DOES IT NEED A LOT OF WATER OR VERY LESS WATER?
It may be summer or any other season but give sufficient water to the plants. Always the soil must be moist. Check the top surface, if it is fully dry we can spray the water once again.
2. WILL IT SUSTAIN HIGH SUNLIGHT?
As it is a summer crop, it can sustain from the high sunlight.
3. DOES IT GROW INDOOR IN A SHADE OR LESS SUN?
Gomphrena needs at least four to five hours of sunlight per day. So it is better to grow in outdoor or place it where it can get sunlight properly.
1. WHAT ARE THE COMMON DISEASES IT GETS?
It can be attacked by the green foliage coloration. To avoid the diseases you can use Neem oil. Neem oil is an organic pesticide. Neem oil comes with a user instruction.
1. HOW MANY DAYS IT TAKES TO GROW FROM SEED TO HARVEST STAGE?
If you are providing the water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem oil ( If any diseases) properly it will take nearly 80 days to harvest.
2. HOW TO IDENTIFY WHETHER IT IS READY FOR HARVEST?
Once the bud starts opening, it needs to be picked within 3-4 days.
3. HOW TO HARVEST? SHOULD WE REMOVE FROM ROOT OR JUST CUT AND IT GROWS AGAIN?
We can pluck the flowers directly from the hand or cut the flower by the help of pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again
You May Be Also Interested In: Hand Tools, Indoor Plant Pots, Bokashi Bin, Coloured Pebbles, Metal Garden Pots