Check COD Availability
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Coriander seeds overnight for better germination?
Soak the coriander seeds in the clean water overnight. Soaked seeds will give the better result.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or Direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season?
Coriander can be grown in any season. But rainy and winter seasons are the best season to grow the Coriander.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
It germinates in all season, but it germinates well in the rainy and winter seasons. If we had good water resources we can grow in summer also.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Coriander seeds will take 7 to 10 days to germinate from the sowing.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Coriander is a outdoor plant. But we can grow it indoor also. In case you are planning to grow indoor, place it where it can get at least five to six hours sunlight everyday.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
As the roots of Coriander plant is not long, it can be grown in any type of pots.
8. What temperature is required to grow Coriander?
Coriander grows well at temperatures between 10 and 29 degrees C. It can tolerate temperatures as low as 10 degrees F, but if temperatures exceed 29 degrees C it will start to bolt.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Below instruction to maintain water.
Summer: Need regular watering.
Winter: Need two days once watering.
Rainy: Three days once. (If rain water is not reaching to the plant)
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
It does not need more sunlight like other plants. But it can be sustain from high sunlight if we are watering regularly.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It can grow in less sunlight. But it requires at least 2 to 3 hours of sunlight everyday. We can grow it indoor also but we have to place it where it can get sunlight.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Give your plants good soil and potting oil properly that helps to resist the diseases and other problems. In case if you find any problems in your plant, use “ Neem oil “ as an organic pesticide. Our Neem oil bottle also available with usage instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Coriander will take 45 days to harvest from seeding. Till that we have to take care of the plants by watering them properly, providing the potting mix, applying the Neem oil.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
When the Coriander reaches 4 to 5 inches in the length, it is ready to harvest
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
The large leaves can be cut by the pruning secateurs safely from the plants. For the smaller leaves, cut them off 1-½ to 2 inches above the crown.