Check COD Availability
1. HOW TO GERMINATE SEEDS
1. SHOULD WE SOAK THE DILL SEEDS OVERNIGHT FOR BETTER GERMINATION?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. SHOULD WE USE THE SEEDLING TRAY OR DIRECT SOW IS RECOMMENDED?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. WHAT IS THE BEST SEASON TO GROW DILL?
Dill is a summer season crop. Warm weather helps Dill to grow quickly.
4. WILL IT GERMINATE IN ALL SEASONS?
Dill seeds are available in all the season also it germinate in all the season. But in the summer season, warm weather helps to grow healthy plants.
5. HOW MANY DAYS WILL IT TAKE TO GERMINATE?
It will take 10 to 14 days to germinate the seeds. During the germination period soil around the plant moist.
6. CAN WE KEEP IT INDOOR AFTER SOWING OR WE SHOULD KEEP IT OUTDOOR?
We can keep the pot indoor till the seeds germinate. Later we need to keep the plants for sunlight. Better to keep the plants in the outdoor so that it will get the sunlight sufficiently.
7. WHICH CONTAINER IS SUITABLE? RECTANGULAR, ROUND?
We can grow Dill plants in round container. Our round container has good width and length. It is sufficient to grow the plants.
8. WHAT TEMPERATURE IS REQUIRED?
Zinia plants can grow comfortably in 18 to 21 degree temperature.
2. WHAT POTTING MIX TO USE?
1. WILL THE COCO PEAT BASED POTTING MIX BE SUFFICIENT OR DOES IT NEED SOIL ONLY?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. HOW TO WATER ?
1. DOES IT NEED A LOT OF WATER OR VERY LESS WATER?
Dill will take more water. In the summer season it need regular water and three days once in the winter and also in the rainy season.
2. WILL IT SUSTAIN HIGH SUNLIGHT?
Dill is the warm weather crop. So it can sustain heavy sunlight.
3. DOES IT GROW INDOOR IN A SHADE OR LESS SUN?
It requires minimum 5-6 hours of sunlight. So it is better to place outdoor.
1. WHAT ARE THE COMMON DISEASES IT GETS?
Leaf spot and occasionally a few other types of fungal leaf and root diseases. If your plants are suffering from these problems, we advise to use the "Neem oil". It is a natural pesticide so it fights with common diseases.
1. HOW MANY DAYS IT TAKES TO GROW FROM SEED TO HARVEST STAGE?
It will take nearly 70 to 90 days to come for the harvest. Till that we need to provide the water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem oil ( any diseases) properly.
2. HOW TO IDENTIFY WHETHER IT IS READY FOR HARVEST?
Once Dill starts to produce flowers, you can start harvesting. Dill flavor is best when it just begins to flower.
3. HOW TO HARVEST? SHOULD WE REMOVE FROM ROOT OR JUST CUT AND IT GROWS AGAIN?
Use pruners or sharp scissors when harvesting dill. Cut just the leafy foliage or remove entire stems. It will not re-grow.