- HOW TO GERMINATE SEEDS
- SHOULD WE SOAK THE DIANTHUS SEEDS OVERNIGHT FOR BETTER GERMINATION?
Soaked seeds can germinate quickly and also can work fine. We need to soak the seeds for a day and keep dry for two to three hours.
- SHOULD WE USE THE SEEDLING TRAY OR DIRECT SOW IS RECOMMENDED?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
- WHAT IS THE BEST SEASON TO GROW DIANTHUS?
Dianthus can cultivate quickly in the winter season. Cool-weather helps to grow quickly.
- WILL IT GERMINATE IN ALL SEASONS?
Dianthus seeds will give a better result in winter. and germinate in all the seasons.
- HOW MANY DAYS WILL IT TAKE TO GERMINATE?
If you are giving water on the time it will take 10 to 20 days to germinate. During germination, the soil should be moist.
- CAN WE KEEP IT INDOOR AFTER SOWING OR WE SHOULD KEEP IT OUTDOOR?
It can grow indoor during the germination period but later it needs direct sunlight. So later better to place it where it can get the sunlight properly.
- WHICH CONTAINER IS SUITABLE? RECTANGULAR, ROUND?
Dianthus roots will acquire more place. So it is better to grow in a rectangular pot. Because our rectangular pot has a large space to grow.
- WHAT TEMPERATURE IS REQUIRED?
Dianthus can grow 15 - 21'c temperature quickly. In this temperature, Dianthus plants encourage to grow soon.
- WHAT POTTING MIXTO USE?
- WILL THE COCO PEAT BASED POTTING MIX BE SUFFICIENT OR DOES IT NEED SOIL ONLY?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. The potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
- HOW TO WATER?
- DOES IT NEED A LOT OF WATER OR VERY LESS WATER?
In summer, water once every two or three days, five to six days once in the winter and in the rainy season.
- WILL IT SUSTAIN HIGH SUNLIGHT?
As a cool-weather crop, it can't sustain from the high sunlight.
- DOES IT GROW INDOOR IN A SHADE OR LESS SUN?
Starting two to three weeks it can grow without sunlight, later it needs complete direct sunlight (It requires 4 to 5 hours sunlight every day)
- WHAT ARE THE COMMON DISEASES IT GETS?
Dianthus can be affected by some diseases like Alternaria Leaf Spot, Bacterial Slow Wilt or Stunt, Bacterial Wilt, Botrytis Blight, Fusarium Wilt. If your plants are affected by these diseases, you can use "Neem oil". Neem oil can avoid diseases and also it makes plants healthy. Our Neem oil available with user instruction.
- HOW MANY DAYS does IT take TO GROW FROM SEED TO HARVEST STAGE?
We can harvest the Dianthus flower after the 110 to 120 days of the planting.
- HOW TO IDENTIFY IT IS READY FOR HARVEST?
Some varieties have stems long enough for cutting. As flowers fade, snip them off with scissors to keep the plants looking neat.
- HOW TO HARVEST? SHOULD WE REMOVE FROM ROOT OR JUST CUT AND IT GROWS AGAIN?
You can pluck the Dianthus flowers directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the flowers from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.