1. SHOULD WE SOAK THE SEEDS OVERNIGHT FOR BETTER GERMINATION?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. SHOULD WE USE THE SEEDLING TRAY OR DIRECT SOW IS RECOMMENDED?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. WHAT IS THE BEST SEASON?
Sunflowers are the warm weather crop. It can grow well in summer season.
4. WILL IT GERMINATE IN ALL SEASONS?
Sunflower seeds are available in all the season, it can germinate also. But sunflower likes hot weather. So it can grow quickly in the summer season.
5. HOW MANY DAYS WILL IT TAKE TO GERMINATE?
Sunflower will take 10 to 20 days to germinate as healthy plants. While germinating the seeds we need to proved the water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) properly.
6. CAN WE KEEP IT INDOOR AFTER SOWING OR WE SHOULD KEEP IT OUTDOOR?
As the name indicates sunflowers needs sunlight. Without sunlight sunflower plants can not grow. It depends on sunlight.
7. WHICH CONTAINER IS SUITABLE? RECTANGULAR, ROUND?
Sunflower plants suitable to grow in a rectangular pot. Sunflower's roots will grow long. So it is better to grow in a rectangular container.
8. WHAT TEMPERATURE IS REQUIRED?
It is a warm weather crop. So better to grow in 15 to 20-degree temperature. In this weather, they grow quickly.
1. WILL THE COCO PEAT BASED POTTING MIX BE SUFFICIENT OR DOES IT NEED SOIL ONLY?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
1. DOES IT NEED A LOT OF WATER OR VERY LESS WATER?
Drip irrigation is ideal, because this provides the soil with water, but doesn't get it on the flowers or leaves. For small gardens, manually watering the soil with a watering can is also a good option.
2. WILL IT SUSTAIN HIGH SUNLIGHT?
As a warm weather crop, it can sustain from high sunlight. During the hot weather, it grows well.
3. DOES IT GROW INDOOR IN A SHADE OR LESS SUN?
Without sunlight, we can't grow this plant. Sunlight is very important to grow the sunflower. It needs at least 5 to 6 hours of sunlight everyday.
1. WHAT ARE THE COMMON DISEASES IT GETS?
Downy mildew, rust, and powdery mildew can also affect the plants. In case, you are facing this problem, we recommend to use "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight against the diseases and it will give a complete protection to the plants.
1. HOW MANY DAYS IT TAKES TO GROW FROM SEED TO HARVEST STAGE?
If you're providing water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and neem oil (If you plant facing any problem) it will take 80 to 120 days to harvest.
2. HOW TO IDENTIFY IT IS READY FOR HARVEST?
Sunflowers are harvested when the outer petals unfold nearly perpendicular to the stem.
3. HOW TO HARVEST? SHOULD WE REMOVE FROM THE ROOT OR JUST CUT AND IT GROWS AGAIN?
We can harvest the sunflower plant easily by cutting the flowers with the help of head shower safely. Don’t remove the plants, it will re-grow.