Growing green peas at home- All that you should know! I hope you would have loved my previous blog post about “summer squash”. I was wondering what to write about when this frisky thought...
Methi seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Methi seeds overnight for better germination?
Soak the Methi seeds into the clean water, which helps to germinate quickly. Soaking will not applicable to all the seeds, But Methi can work fine after the soaked.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can sow the seeds in the tray, which helps to shift it soon one place to another place, also helps to transplants to the pot. When the plant root reaches 2 to 3 inches in the length we should transplant to the pot or directly to the land.
3. What is the best season to grow Methi?
Methi can grow comfortably in the summer season. Summer season increases the growing speed.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Methi seeds can available in all the season also it germinate in all the season, but it giving the better performance in the summer season.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
During the germination period, the soil around the plant should be moist. In the moisture Methi will take 7 – 10 days to germinate.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plants from the plastic cover. Methi can grow healthy without covering the plastics.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
We can grow Methi either indoor or in the outdoor. But it needs at least four to five hours sunlight per day.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Methi plants need large space to grow the root. Our rectangular pot has sufficient space to grow. So methi can grow comfortably in the rectangular pot.
9. What temperature is required?
Methi can grow quickly between the 10 C to 32 degree temperature. In this temperature, Methis starts to cultivate soon.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
All the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow healthy. In case you are using our potting mix, no need to invest for both separately. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. It is sufficient to grow the plants.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Methi consumes more water compared to other plants. It needs regular water in summer. Two days once in the winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
It can sustain heavy sunlight because it likes warm weather also it takes on the advantage to grow quickly.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It can't sustain without sunlight or less sunlight. It needs at least four to six hours sunlight every day. So it is better to place it outdoor or place it where it can get the sunlight properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Methis can attack by phids, powdery mildew, charcoal rot and root rot like this diseases. If you find any diseases in plants, apply the "
". Neem oil can destroy the diseases and it makes plants healthy.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Methi will take 4- 6 weeks to harvest from the seeding. Till that we need to apply the fertilizer, compost(potting mix) and Neem oil properly.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the Methi leaves reach three to four inches in the length it ready for the harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
just cut the topper leaves from the pruning secateurs safely. No need to remove the plants it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend