Check COD Availability
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Latughiya seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Latughiya?
Summer season is the best season to grow Latughiya plants.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Latughiya seeds can available in all the season also germinate any season. Latughiya grow best in warm, sunny conditions of tropical or subtropical climates, likes 25–30°C at daytime and 18°C or more during the night.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Latughiya will take 7 to 15 days to germinate. During the germination time, the soil around the plant must be moist.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Latughiyas need sufficient sunlight every day. So better to place grow it outdoor or else we have to place it where it can get sunlight properly.
7. What type of pots are suitable?
As we recommended round container is comfortable to grow it. Latughiyas requires more space for the roots to grow. You can plant in a large container, at least 40 cm diameter with many draining holes at its bottom.
8. What temperature is required?
The soil temperature needs to be at least 25°C for the seeds to germinate.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the soil only be sufficient or need potting mix?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
After the seedlings germinate, they can be watered only once a week. The Latughiya vine thrives in warm and dry conditions.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As it is summer crop, high sunlight won't make any difference in the growth.
1. What has to be done to avoid disease?
Latughiya can be attacked by some common diseases. In case of any diseases, you can apply the "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight against the most of the common diseases. Neem oil is also available with us with a user instruction.
1. How many days will it take to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Latughiya will take 75 to 90 days to harvest from the sow.
2. How to know whether Latughiya is ready for harvest?
The Latughiyas are ready to be harvested when they become round, but slightly flat with a bright green color and a distinctive flat top.
3. How to Harvest?
We can harvest the Latughiyas by cutting from the knife or pruning secateurs safely.