How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Aster mixed seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Aster seeds overnight for better germination?
Better to non-soak the seeds in the water. Because it will give the same result if does not soak also. Soaking is not applicable to all the seeds.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
If you're growing in the bulk better to sow in the tray. Because if it is in the tray we can shift it soon, where we want. It is easy to sow if we need to grow more plants.
3. What is the best season to grow the Aster?
summer season helps to grow Aster. Asters are basically warm weather crop, so it is better to grow in summer. Its germination process will be strong in the summer season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Aster mixed seeds can available in all the season, it can germinate in all the season also. But it is better to grow in the summer season for quick result.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Aster mixed plants require moist soil around it. It helps to germinate quickly. If we are giving the moist soil it will take 1 to 2 weeks to germinate.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plants by the plastic cover, all the plants not required that. Aster also can grow without covering the plastic.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
We can grow the Aster in either indoor or in the outdoor. But we should place it where it can get the sunlight properly.
8. Which container is suitable to grow Aster? Rectangular, round?
Round container is suitable to grow Aster. Because its root can spread longer. So round container can help to grow broadly.
9. What temperature is required for Aster ?
Aster is the warm weather crop, so 18 to 21-degree temperature is better to grow the Aster.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Aster needs fertilizer and compost to grow quickly and healthy. If you're buying our potting mix, nothing to worry about that. Because our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it, it helps grow the plants healthy.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Asters are the low water consumers. Weekly once in the summer season. Three or four days once in the winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As a warm weather crop it is, it can sustain from the high sunlight. It likes summer and also it cultivate soon in this season.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It can not grow without sunlight, it needs at least three to four hours direct sunlight every day
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
It can attack by the powdery mildew, rusts, white smut, leaf spots, stem cankers, aphids, tarsonemid mites, slugs, snails, and nematodes diseases. If the case of this diseases we are recommended the "Neem oil". Which helps to destroy the diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If we are giving moist soil, water, fertilizer, compost, om timely it will take five to six weeks to harvest from the sowing.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the Aster flower come for the good color we can harvest the flowers.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the aster flowers directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the Asters from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend