Check COD Availability
Country of origin : INDIA
Perlite is a volcanic glass that is mined and then heated in big ovens until it 'pops' into a round, white material. That white material is used in seed-starting and potting mixtures to lighten the soil. It also allows more air around the roots for the healthy growth of plants. As a soil amendment, it reduces compaction in soil and improves the soil structure. TrustBasket Perlite is sterile and free of pathogens and weed seeds.
Benefits of Perlite:
- Improves aeration and drainage in the soil.
- Perlite particles create tiny air tunnels which allow moisture, oxygen, and nutrients to flow freely to roots.
- Improves aeration in clayey soil too.
- Reduces the extreme temperature fluctuations in the soil.
- Prevents root rotting.
- Best to grow cuttings as cuttings are more prone to rotting.
- The pH of perlite ranges between 6.5 - 7.5.
Directions to use:
- 20 - 25% perlite can be added to make a potting mix.
- Add 30% when used with clay soil.
- Can be used anywhere like container gardening, land gardening, terrace gardening, etc.
- Wear a mask to prevent nasal allergies
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Once the pack is opened, store the left perlite at low-medium air-tight conditions.