How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Sun flower miniatre seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
Better to non-soak the Sunflower seeds in the water. Soaking does not require to all the seeds. Non- soaked seeds also grow quickly.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
Better to sow the seeds in the tray at the beginning, when the root reaches maximum length we can transplant to the pot easily.
3. What is the best season?
Sunflowers are the warm weather crop, it can grow in summer season properly. So using the summer season we can grow the sunflower.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Sunflower seeds are available in all the season, it can germinate also. But sunflower like hot weather. So it can grow quickly in the summer season.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Sunflower will take 10 to 20 days to germinate as healthy plants. While germinating the seeds we need to proved the water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) properly.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plant by cover plastic. Sunflowers needs direct sunlight. Sunlight can motivate the plants to grow healthy.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
As the name indicates sunflowers need sunlight. Without sunlight sunflower plants can not grow. It depends with sunlight.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Sunflower plants suitable to grow in a rectangular pot. Sunflower's roots will grow length. So it is better to grow in a rectangular container.
9. What temperature is required?
It is a warm weather crop. So better to grow in 14 to 17-degree temperature. In this weather, it encourages to grow quickly.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Recently we are introducing potting mix. All the plants are required fertilizer and compost. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. It helps to keep the soil moist and healthy.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Sunflower plants are required more water. Daily once in the summer season. Two days once in winter. If rain water unable to reach the plant, keep watering three days once.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As a warm weather crop it is, it can sustain from the high sunlight. During the hot weather, it starts to grow soon.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Without sunlight, we can't grow this plants. Sunlight is very important to grow the sunflower. It needs at least 5 to 6 hours sunlight every day.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Downy mildew, rust, and powdery mildew can also affect the plants. In care, you're facing this problem we recommend to use "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight against the diseases and it will give a complete protection to the plants.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you're providing water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and neem oil (If you plant facing any problem) it will take 80 to 120 days to harvest.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When it come for the good color it ready to harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
We can harvest the sunflower plant easily by cutting the flowers with the help of head shower safely. Don’t remove the plants it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend