How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
Carrot red seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
Better to sow the seeds directly to pot because It will give the same result if it does not soak also. Soaking is not applicable for all the seeds.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or Direct sow is recommended?
Seeding in the tray is a best practice because due to heavy rain sometimes there are chances to lose the seeds. So if it is in the tray we can shift it soon. After reaching a 2 to 3 inches in the length than we can sow into the pot or to the land directly.
3. What is the best season?
Winter and rainy seasons are the best seasons to grow carrots. Because it needs, wet soil and cold weather grow.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Seeds are available in all the seasons (TrustBacket). But Carrots can grow quickly in winter and rainy season because in those seasons its germination process will be strong. So we better to grow in winter and rainy seasons.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
If your plant growing healthy with all needs ( Good soil, water, fertilizer, compost)It will take 2 to 3 weeks to germinate from sowing. During that period soil should be moist.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
We should not cover the plastic because it requires cool weather. If we covered the plants it can't get cool weather. So advice ton cover the plants.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
It is better to keep the plants outdoor. Because Carrot needs 3 to 4 hours sunlight every day. If it is possible to get the sunlight indoor, we can grow indoor also.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Round container is suitable to grow Carrot. Because it acquires more space after sprouts grown also Carrots will grow under the soil so it is better to grow in the round container.
9. What temperature is required?
As we know Carrot need cool weather. Carrots will grow quickly in 12’ to 26’ temperature. In this temperature Carrot’s germination process will be very strong and quick.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of all the plant need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Carrots may be cool weather crop but it takes more water to grow. If we are providing proper water it will grow soon. Below instructions will help you while watering
Summer : Water should be two days once.( In case top surface is fully dry spray the water once again)
Winter : Water should be three days once
Rainy : If rain water is flowing to the plant, no need to watering to it. In case, not three days once.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Carrots can sustain from the high sunlight because it will grow under the soil. It can protect them self. During the high sunlight, it requires more water, so we have keep watering as above instruction.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Better to keep the plants in the outdoor. Because it needs, at least, four to five hours sunlight every day. You can grow indoor also make sure that plants should be placed, where it can get four to five hours sunlight every day.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
The carrot will get commonly Aster yellows and Rhizoctonia diseases. Like this cases, we advise to use“Neem oil”. Neem oil will avoid the diseases. Also, it helps to grow quick. Our neem oil comes with the user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you are providing proper water. Soil. Fertilizer and compost (potting mix), Neem oil (In the case of any diseases), carrots will take 60 to 75 days to grow from seed to harvest from the seeding.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit color )
The only color is not a proper indicator when the plant leaves 3 to 4 inches in the length, we can harvest the carrot.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
We have to remove the complete plant by the headge shear safely because it can’t re-grow again.
6. Advantages of Carrot
- Improves vision
- Helps prevent cancer
- Promotes healthier skin
- Prevents heart disease
- Protects teeth and gums
We Also Recommend