How to grow Beetroots from seeds to harvest in India. End to End guide for Beginners. Image Source Before we take up how to grow beetroots from its initial stage that is from seeds here is a sligh...
ABOUT PLASTIC PLANT POTSMany gardeners have their own preferences regarding the choice of ceramic. we suggest you to use bio degradable plastic pots because Plastic pots for plants are lightweight, strong and flexible. They are available in different color with interior and exterior decor. Plastic does not have the wicking action.
Plastic plant pots are made of inert materials and are considered safe for growing plants. Many are made of recyclable plastic so disposal is environmentally friendly when the pot is no longer usable. Black plastic can actually act as a solar collector, heating up the potting medium to plant damaging levels.
If plants in dark colored plastic containers wilt quickly, check to make sure the plants are well watered then move them to a shadier location where heat build-up should not be a problem. Sunlight can be hard on plastic causing fading and brittleness. Many plastic pots intended for outdoor use are treated with ultraviolet light inhibitors to reduce fading and maintain flexibility thus increasing the life-span of the pot.
Below is some of our expert’s suggestion to select the planters.
- Depending upon the indoor/outdoor gardening select a planter which is suitable.
- For an outdoor gardening place the planters where it can get 4 to 5 hours of sunlight.
- Select a planter which has a drainage hole at the bottom so the excess of water will flow out.
- Place a saucer below the pot so the water won’t spill out.
- Choose a good quality pot so they can withstand all over the year.
- Flower plants and common vegetables are more preferred to grow in plastic pots.