1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
Soaked seeds can give the better result. Soaked seeds will germinate quickly.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season?
Summer season is the best season to grow Candytuft (hybrid). The germination process will be good in this season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
You can grow Candytuft in all the season. But it will grow well in Winter.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Candytuft seeds will take 10 to 20 days to germinate from seeding. During the germination period, soil should be moist, so keep watering it frequently.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Candytuft requires good sunlight, so better to grow in outdoor. If you like to grow indoor place it where it can get good sunlight.
7. What temperature is required?
Candytuft needs minimum 21 degree C. In this temperature, we can expect the better result.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Plants need fertilizer and compost mandatorily. For that no need to invest separately. If you are buying our potting mix it is enough. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content in it. So it increases the germinating capacity.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Candytuft does not like Damp soil. So watering daily once in summer, two days once in the winter season and 3 days once in rainy season.( if rainwater does not flow to the plant).
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Candytuft likes sunny location. The candytuft plant won’t grow in shade or overly damp soil.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It can’t sustain with less sunlight. So we have to keep it outdoor in the sunlight for better growth.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
The most common pathogens which may be observed on occasion include Alternaria leaf spot, Botrytis, downy mildew, Pythium and Xanthomonas leaf spot. Spider mites and slugs are the most problematic pests of candytuft. So use Neem oil which protects the plant and acts as an organic pesticide. It is available with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Candytuft will take 100 to 120 days harvest from the seeding. Till the harvesting, we need to provide water, fertilizer, compost, potting soil, neem oil.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
Once the Candytuft flower opens up the petals completely, you can harvest them.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
We can harvest easily by the cutting flower. It will re-grow again. No need to remove the plants