1. HOW TO GERMINATE SEEDS
1. SHOULD WE SOAK THE PETUNIA SEEDS OVERNIGHT FOR BETTER GERMINATION?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. SHOULD WE USE THE SEEDLING TRAY OR DIRECT SOW IS RECOMMENDED?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. WHAT IS THE BEST SEASON?
We can grow Petunia plants in the winter season. It grows well in Cool weather.
4. WILL IT GERMINATE IN ALL SEASONS?
Petunia seeds will grow in the winter season with a fast germination rate.
5. HOW MANY DAYS WILL IT TAKE TO GERMINATE?
Petunia plants need moist soil around it. It will take 8 to 10 days to germinate.
6. CAN WE KEEP IT INDOOR AFTER SOWING OR WE SHOULD KEEP IT OUTDOOR?
Petunia is an indoor plant. We have to grow it indoors. It doesn't require sunlight. So it is better to grow indoor.
7. WHICH CONTAINER IS SUITABLE? RECTANGULAR, ROUND?
A rectangular container is best to grow Petunia plants. Petunia takes more space to grow.
8. WHAT TEMPERATURE IS REQUIRED TO GROW THE PETUNIA PLANTS?
Petunias need 15 to 21-degree temperature. In this temperature, it will grow soon.
2. WHAT POTTING MIX TO USE?
1. WILL THE COCO PEAT BASED POTTING MIX BE SUFFICIENT OR DOES IT NEED SOIL ONLY?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. The potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. HOW TO WATER?
1. DOES IT NEED A LOT OF WATER OR VERY LESS WATER?
Petunias are less water consumers, it won't take more water. Weekly once in summer, four or five days once in winter and the rainy season ( if rainwater is flowing to the plant).
2. WILL IT SUSTAIN HIGH SUNLIGHT?
It cannot sustain from the high sunlight, so it is better to grow in indoor.
3. DOES IT GROW INDOOR IN A SHADE OR LESS SUN?
Partial Sunlight is required to grow Petunia. It can't grow without sunlight. Just it needs cool weather.
1. WHAT ARE THE COMMON DISEASES IT GETS?
You can see the signs of aphids and caterpillars, pests that can destroy your petunias. In the case of those diseases, we advise using "Neem oil". Neem oil can avoid diseases and also it helps the plants to grow healthy.
1. HOW MANY DAYS IT TAKES TO GROW FROM SEED TO HARVEST STAGE?
If you're providing water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem (In the case of any diseases) it will take 4 to 5 weeks to harvest from the seeding.
2. HOW TO IDENTIFY WHETHER IT IS READY FOR HARVEST?
Once the flower starts to bloom, you need to harvest within 2 days .
3. HOW TO HARVEST? SHOULD WE REMOVE FROM THE ROOT OR JUST CUT AND IT GROWS AGAIN?
Pinch petunias by grasping the the tip of the main stem and squeezing it between your forefinger and thumb. The growth tips are tender and come off easily. If you prefer, you can use scissors to remove the tip of the plant. Petunias can regenerate the flowers from the same point, so no need to remove the plants.
Use within 6 months from the date of manufacture.