1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Pansy seeds overnight for better germination?
Soak the Pansy seeds in the clean water. Soaked seeds can germinate soon.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Pansy?
We can grow the Pansy in ending of the summer, flowering should be in the beginning of the winter.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
It will give the better performance in the winter.Pansies can germinate in all the season
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Pansy seeds germinate within 2 weeks. Press pansy seeds into the surface of the soil and cover to their thickness, as darkness is required for germination.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
The plant can grow without sunlight till it reaches 2 to 3 inches in the length. Once it starts growing, it requires direct sunlight.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
We can grow Pansy plants in round container. Our round container has good width and length. It is sufficient to grow the plants.
8. What temperature is required?
Pansy can grow comfortably in 21' degree temperature.
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Pansies will expect more water. Regularly we need to water the plants. If soil surface is fully dry we can spray the water once again.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As it is a cool weather crop, it can't sustain from the high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
During the germination period, it can grow without sunlight. Later it needs complete sunlight. So it is better to place outdoor.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
We have recently introduced the "Neem oil". It is a natural pesticide so it prevents the Mosaic viruses, Downy mildew, Powdery mildew, Rust, Gray mold and other diseases. Our neem oil comes with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Pansy can come for the harvest after the 10 to 12 weeks of the sowing. Till that we need to care the plants by providing the water, potting and neem oil on time.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
You can cut the flowers off anytime after blooming, but it’s best to pick some right when the petals have opened.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We can cut the flower by the help of pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again