- HOW TO GERMINATE SEEDS
- SHOULD WE SOAK THE SUMMER SQUASH SEEDS OVERNIGHT FOR BETTER GERMINATION?
No Need to soak the seeds. Directly we can sow the seeds.
- SHOULD WE USE THE SEEDLING TRAY OR DIRECT SOW IS RECOMMENDED?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
- WHAT IS THE BEST SEASON TO GROW LOBHIYA?
Summer Squash seeds give the best yield in both summer and winter season. It grows well in all season
- WILL IT GERMINATE IN ALL SEASONS?
In summer and winter, its germination process will be good, Summer Squash seeds can germinate in all seasons.
- HOW MANY DAYS WILL IT TAKE TO GERMINATE?
Summer Squash seeds will take 20 to 30 days to germinate seeds. But keep the soil moist until the seeds sprout and proved the fertilizer and compost (potting mix) properly to grow as healthy plants.
- CAN WE KEEP summer squash PLANT INDOOR AFTER SOWING OR WE SHOULD KEEP IT OUTDOOR?
Almost all the plants grow under the sunlight. We can grow the Summer squash plants either indoor or outdoor but make sure to place it such that it gets sunlight at least for 2 to3 hours every day.
- WHICH CONTAINER IS SUITABLE? RECTANGULAR, ROUND?
The round container is suitable to grow summer squash. summer squash roots are very lengthy so it consumes more place. So we advise using round containers. It has a large and deep space in it.
- WHAT TEMPERATURE IS REQUIRED?
It needs at least 27°C (80°F) temperature to grow. In this temperature, summer squash seeds grow well.
- WHAT POTTING MIXTO USE?
- WILL THE COCO PEAT BASED POTTING MIX BE SUFFICIENT OR DOES IT NEED SOIL ONLY?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. The potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
- HOW TO WATER?
- DOES IT NEED A LOT OF WATER OR VERY LESS WATER?
Summer squash takes more water. So watering should be regular in the summer season, two days once in the winter season and three days once in the rainy season (If rainwater does not flow to the plant)
- WILL IT SUSTAIN HIGH SUNLIGHT?
As Summer squash is an all-season crop, it can sustain all seasons
- DOES IT GROW INDOOR IN A SHADE OR LESS SUN?
Sometimes due to less sunlight, it will not grow properly. So it is better to grow outdoor or place it where it can get sunlight properly.
- WHAT ARE THE COMMON DISEASES IT GETS?
Summer Squash can be affected by Bacterial leaf spot, Powdery Mildew. Powdery mildew on the upper leaf surface.,Downy Mildew.Gummy Stem Blight., Anthracnose.,Alternaria Leaf Spot.,Cercospora Leaf Spot.,Fusarium Wilt., we advise using Neem oil. Neem oil can fight against diseases.
- HOW MANY DAYS does IT take TO GROW FROM SEED TO HARVEST STAGE?
If you're providing the water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and neem oil (In case of any diseases) on the time it will take nearly 10 weeks to harvest as a healthy summer squash
- HOW TO IDENTIFY WHETHER IT IS READY FOR HARVEST?
We can harvest Summer Squash seeds once they grow 8 to 10 inches wider.It is better time to harvest