Nature is the most beautiful creation in this world. The word 'Nature' gives us a relaxed feeling irrespective of any sort of tensions. A whole lot of greenery comes into our mind when we think abo...
Lemon Grass seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Lemongrass seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the Lemongrass seeds in water. Non-soaked seeds also can work fine also that can germinate quickly. Soaking is not applicable to all seeds.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
Seeding in the tray is a best practice because due to heavy rain sometimes there is a chance to loose the seeds. So if it is in the tray we can able to shift it soon. After reaching a 2 to 3 inches in the length than we can sow into the pot or to the land.
3. What is the best season to grow Lemongrass?
In the summer season, Lemon grass can give the best result, compared to other seasons.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Lemongrass seeds can available in all the season also it germinate in all the season. But it will give the quick result in the summer.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Lemongrass will take nearly 10 to 20 days to germinate. During this period, the soil must be moist. Moisture soil can increase the growing speed.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the Lemongrass plants by the plastic cover, it can germinate without covering the plastic. If we covered the plants it can't get sunlight properly, so we recommended to not cover the plants by the cover.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Lemongrass needs complete direct sunlight to grow. So better to grow it outdoor or place it where it can get the sunlight properly in the indoor.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
As we experimented Lemongrass can acquire the more space to grow its roots. So as we suggested rectangular plant has large space on it. It is sufficient to grow it.
9. What temperature is required to grow Lemongrass?
Lemongrass can grow healthy in 15 to 22-degree temperature. In this temperature plants encourages to grow quickly.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Basically, all the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. If you're using our potting mix no need to worry about such thing. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. It is sufficient to grow healthy.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Lemongrass consumes more water. It need three days once in the winter and rainy season and regular watering in summer season
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As a warm weather crop it is. It can sustain from the heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It is a warm-weather crop, so we can grow in outdoor or would you like to grow in indoor place it where it can get the sunlight properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Rust, Alkaptonuria, Lesch-Nyhan Disease are the common diseases to the Lemongrass. If your plants facing this problem we advise applying the "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight with most of the common diseases. Our neem oil comes with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
It will take nearly 80 to 95 days to harvest from the sowing.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the Lemongrass reaches 4 to 5 inches in the length, it is ready for the harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
Cut the topper leaves or lemongrass from the pruning secateurs safely.
We Also Recommend