1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Lemongrass seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Lemongrass?
In the summer season, Lemon grass can give the best result compared to other seasons.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Lemongrass seeds are available in all the season also it germinate in all the season. But it will give the quick result in the summer.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Lemongrass will take nearly 10 to 20 days to germinate. During this period, the soil must be moist. Moist soil can increase the growing speed.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Lemongrass needs complete direct sunlight to grow. So better to grow it outdoor or place it where it can get the sunlight properly in the indoor.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
As we experimented Lemongrass can acquire the more space to grow its roots. So as we suggest rectangular plant as it has large space in it. It is sufficient to grow Lemongrass.
8. What temperature is required to grow Lemongrass?
Lemongrass can grow healthy in 15 to 22-degree temperature. In this temperature plants grow quickly.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Lemongrass consumes more water. It need three days once in the winter and rainy season and regular watering in summer season
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As it is a warm weather crop, it can sustain from the heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It is a warm-weather crop, so we can grow in outdoor or if you would like to grow in indoor place it where it can get the sunlight properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Rust, Alkaptonuria, Lesch-Nyhan Disease are the common diseases to the Lemongrass. If your plants are facing these problem we advise to use the "Neem oil". Neem oil is a natural pesticide so can avoid most of the common diseases. Our neem oil comes with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
It will take nearly 80 to 95 days to harvest from the sowing.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
When the Lemongrass reaches 4 to 5 inches in the length, it is ready for the harvest.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
Cut the top leaves of lemongrass from the pruning secateurs safely.
Use within 6 months from the date of manufacture.