Growing green peas at home- All that you should know! I hope you would have loved my previous blog post about “summer squash”. I was wondering what to write about when this frisky thought...
Musk melon seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Musk melon seeds overnight for better germination?
Directly sow the Muskmelon seeds to the pot. No need to soak the seeds because it will the same result if does not soak also.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
At the begging, we can grow it on the tray. But after growing the roots longer, it needs deep space. So it is better to sow in the pot or directly to the land.
3. What is the best season to grow Musk melon?
As we experimented Muskmelon will grow quickly in the summer season. During the hot weather, Melon’s germination process will be strong.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Muskmelon seeds are available in all season (Trust Basket) also it will germinate in all the season. But summer is the best time to grow it.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
During the germination period, soil should be moist and water will be most important. If we are providing water on time it will take 10 days to germinate.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plants by the plastic. Because it requires direct sunlight.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Muskmelons are basically outdoor plants, but we can grow it indoor also. In case you are planning to grow indoor, place it where it can get at least three to four hours sunlight every day.
8. Which container is suitable to grow Musk melon? Rectangular, round?
Round container is shootable to grow Muskmelon. Because it acquires more space after sprouts grown. So it is better to grow in a rectangular pot.
9. What temperature is required?
Muskmelon needs 15 to21 degrees to temperature to grow quickly, in this temperature Muskmelon increases the growing speed.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
We can use the potting mix, it has fertilizer and compost content on it. Potting mix sufficient to grow the melon. It makes the plant healthy and strong.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Musk melon need more water, means regular water in summer, two days once in winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As a warm weather crop Melon can sustain from heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Melon need at least three to four hours sunlight per. If plants get the sunlight indoor properly, we can grow in indoor.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Aphids and cucumber beetles can attack to melons. So if you're using "Neem oil" sufficient to destroy the diseases. Neem oil acts as 100% organic pesticide.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Muck melon will take 70 to 100 to harvest from the seeding.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When melons reach full size and stems turn brown they are ready for harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
Cut the heads off the plant by headge shear safely. No need to remove the plants because It will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend