Check COD Availability
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Musk melon seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Musk melon?
As we experimented Muskmelon will grow quickly in the summer season. During the hot weather, Melon’s germination process will be strong.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Muskmelon seeds are available in all season (Trust Basket) also it will germinate in all the season. But summer is the best time to grow it.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
During the germination period, soil should be moist and water will be most important. If we are providing water on time it will take 10 days to germinate.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Muskmelons are basically outdoor plants, but we can grow it indoor also. In case you are planning to grow indoor, place it where it can get at least three to four hours sunlight everyday.
7. Which container is suitable to grow Muskmelon? Rectangular, round?
Round container is suitable to grow Muskmelon. It acquires more space after sprouts grown. So it is better to grow in a rectangular pot.
8. What temperature is required?
Muskmelon needs 15 to 21 degrees of temperature to grow quickly. In this temperature, Muskmelon grows well.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Musk melon needs more water. So it needs regular water in summer, two days once in winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As it is a warm weather crop, Melon can sustain from heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Melon need at least three to four hours sunlight per. If plants get the sunlight indoor properly, we can grow them indoor.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Aphids and cucumber beetles can affect melons."Neem oil" is a natural pesticide. So it avoids the diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Muck melon will take 70 to 100 to harvest from the seeding.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
When melons reach full size and stems turn brown, they are ready for harvest.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
Cut the melons off the plant by headge shear safely. No need to remove the plants because It will re-grow.