Check COD Availability
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Chilli seeds overnight for better germination?
We need to soak the Chilli seeds overnight and need to keep it dry for 1 to 2 hours. Chillies give good yield after soaking.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or Direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Chilli?
Challies need hot weather and dry soil. So summer is the best season. It germinates well in summer season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Chilli seeds germinate in all the season. But it gives a good yield in summer.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Chilli seeds will take 5 to 10 days to germinate from the sow. While germinating the seeds we have to maintain the moisture properly.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Chilli plants need nearly 5 to 7 hours sunlight every day. So it is better to keep it in outdoor.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Round container is the best to grow chillies because its roots are not much longer. So it won't consume more space.
8. What temperature is required?
18' to 21' F temperature is best to grow chillies.In this temperature chillies grow well.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using Potting mix, then no need to invest for compost. Potting mix has fertiliser and compost content in it. It helps to keep the soil moist for a long time also it resist the diseases.
3. How to Water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Chillies plant consumes more water. Below steps can help to watering..
Summer : Watering should daily once.
Winter : Watering should be two days once.
Rainy : Most of the times watering is not required. Water only if it does not rain for 4 days in a row. we can observe it from the top surface of the pot.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As it is a warm weather crop, Chillies like sunlight. It can withstand sustain high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It requires hot weather, we can grow it in the indoor also, but we have to place it where it can get sunlight properly.
4. Pests or Diseases.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
This vector spread the maximum disease during the month of August to October and it suffers from the fungal, bacterial and viral diseases. In case if you are facing these problems, we advise to use " Neem oil ". It avoids common diseases. Our neem oil bottle also comes with usage instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Chillies will take nearly 80 to 95 days to the harvest from seeding. Till that we have to take care of that by watering, providing fertiliser( Potting mix), using pesticide (Neem oil) whenever necessary.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
The fruits do not ripen after they have been picked so they need to picked when they are fully ripe. The green fruit has a different flavour to the red ones. Not all chillies are red when they are ripe, some are green, and others are yellow, orange and purple.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
We can pluck the chillies by hand or we can cut it by pruning secateurs. It will start to regenerate again.