Check COD Availability
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Cucumber seeds overnight for better germination?
Better to soak the Cucumber seeds before sowing. Cucumber needs soaking. Soaked seeds will germinate quickly.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season?
Cucumber is a hot weather crop, so it is better to grow in the summer season. We can except the good result in this season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Cucumber seeds are available in all season and it can germinate in all season. But it will give good yield in summer.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
If you’re giving on time water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix), and Neem oil (In case any diseases) it will take 2 to 3 weeks to germinates as healthy plants.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Cucumber should grow in outdoor. Because it requires sunlight. If you like to grow indoor, place it where it can get sunlight properly.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Rectangular pot is better to grow cucumber because it's roots will grow longer. Our rectangular container has large space.
8. What temperature is required?
Cucumber is a hot weather crop so minimum 21ºC temperature is required to grow. In this temperature, Cucumber grows well.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you’re using our potting mix no need to invest for any other fertilizer or compost. Because our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content in it. Potting mix increases the quality of the soil and it helps to grow healthy.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Cucumber is a low water consumer, it does not take more water to grow. Below instruction can help you while watering
Summer : Water should be two times per week.
Winter ; Water should be four days once.
Rainy : Most of the times watering is not required. Water only if it does not rain for 4 days in a row
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Cucumbers is the summer season crop. So it can sustain from the high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Sunlight is a most needed source to every plant. It is better to grow in outdoor because it requires nearly 6 hours sunlight everyday.
1. What are the common diseases affecting the plants?
Beetles, Whiteflies, Aphids, Spider mites are the common diseases to Cucumber. If you are facing this problem use “Neem oil”. It works an organic pesticide.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Cucumber will take nearly 90 days to grow from seed to harvest. Till that we should proved the water, fertilizer, compost(potting mix) and Neem oil (In the case of any diseases).
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
When the cucumber reaches 6 to 8 inches in the length and will turn into green color, it is ready to harvest. Unlike some fruits, cucumbers do not continue to develop after harvest. Ripe cucumbers have a firm, green flesh.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
Some verities of Cucumber has more weight, so we should be very careful while harvesting. Just cut the cucumber from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
6. Advantages of Cucumber
- Cucumber fights with Inflammation
- It will manage Stress
- Keeps kidneys in shape.
- It reduces cholesterol.