Growing green peas at home- All that you should know! I hope you would have loved my previous blog post about “summer squash”. I was wondering what to write about when this frisky thought...
Cucumber green seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Cucumber seeds overnight for better germination?
Better to soak the Cucumber seeds before sowing. Some seeds are not required soaking but Cucumber needs soaking. Soaked seeds will germinate quickly.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can seedling on the tray directly later we have to transplant to the pot or container. When the plant’s roots grown 2 to 3 inches in the length it requires some place to grow.
3. What is the best season?
Cucumber is a hot weather crop, so it is better to grow in the summer season. We can except the good result in this season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Cucumber seeds are available in all season also, it can germinate in all season. But it will give good performance in summer.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
If you’re giving on time water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix), and Neem oil (In case any diseases) it will take 2 to 3 weeks to germinates as healthy plants.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
Starting three weeks we can grow in the tray later it takes some space to generate the roots on that time we have to transplant to the pot.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Cucumber should grow in outside. Because it requires sunlight. If you like to grow indoor place it where it can get sunlight properly.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Rectangular pot is better to grow cucumber because it's roots will grow longer. Our rectangular container has large space.
9. What temperature is required?
Cucumber is a hot weather crop so 70ºF (21ºC) temperature is better to grow. In this temperature, Cucumber will encourage the quick growing.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you’re using our potting mix no need to invest for any other fertilizer or compost. Because our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Potting mix increases the quality of the soil and it helps to grow healthy.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Cucumber is a low water consumer, it does not take more water to grow. Below instruction can help you while watering
Summer : Water should be two times per week.
Winter ; Water should be four days once.
Rainy : Most of the times watering is not required. Water only if it does not rain for 4 days in a row
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Cucumbers are the summer season crop so it can sustain from the high sunlight. Cucumber likes hot weather.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Sunlight is a most needed source to every plant.(Some plants does not require sunlight, like Lucky bamboo and so many). It is better to grow in outdoor because it requires nearly 6 hours sunlight every day.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Beetles, Whiteflies, Aphids, Spider mites are the common diseases to Cucumber. If you’re facing this problem use “Neem oil”. Our Neem oil can clear the complete diseases. It works like organic pesticide.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Cucumber will take nearly 90 days to grow from seed to harvest. Till that we should proved the water, fertilizer, compost(potting mix) and Neem oil (In the case of any diseases).
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the cucumber reaches 6 to 8 inches in the length and will come to green color, it is ready to harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
Some verities of Cucumber has more weight, so we should be very careful while harvesting. Just cut the cucumber from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
6. Advantages of Cucumber
- Cucumber fights with Inflammation
- It will manage Stress
- Keeps kidneys in shape.
- It reduces cholesterol.
We Also Recommend