Check COD Availability
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
Before sprouting, we can maintain in the tray. Later it need more space to grow the roots. So after sprout, transplant to the pot or directly to the land.
3. What is the best season?
Radish is a cool weather crop so we can grow in the winter season. Cool climate helps to germinate quickly and healthy.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Radish seeds are available (TrustBasket) in all season, we can grow the Radish any time, But Radish likes cool weather. In this season, it gives good yield.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Radishes will take 5 days to germinate from the sawing. Till the germination process, we should keep the soil moist and need to give water on time.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
We can keep it indoor after sowing, but we need to place it, where it will take at least 5 to 6 hours sunlight every day.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
The deep round container is suitable to grow radishes. Because it requires consume more place to grow under the soil.
8. What temperature is required?
Radishes need 15-degree temperature to grow. In this temperature, it gives a good yield.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Almost all the plants require fertilizer and compost. No need to invest separately for both. Instead of that, we advise to use potting mix. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content in it. It helps to germinate quickly.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Radish needs water for 2 days once in rainy and in the winter season, every day in the summer season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Radish is a cold weather crop that doesn't require much sun.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Radishes require 5 to 6 hours sunlight every day, so it is suitable to keep in outdoor.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Radish can be attacked by the white rust, Clubroot. Give your plants good soil & fertilizer and regular watering. Healthy plants are much more likely to resist diseases and other problems. In case if you find any diseases in your plant, use “Neem oil”. It is an organic pesticide.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you are providing proper water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix ) and neem oil (In the case of any diseases) it will take 3 to 4 weeks for the harvest. Some seeds depend with varieties.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
When you harvest radish, be sure you are harvesting radishes that are ready; wait for them to be of a usable size. This means harvesting radishes should be done before the root is 1 inch in diameter.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
We have to remove the complete Radish plant by the headge shear safely because it can’t re-grow again.