All About Growing Capsicum From Seeds Growing capsicums from seeds is by far the most inexpensive way to get hold of a bountiful harvest of fresh, juicy capsicums for your pizzas and burgers. If yo...
Alyssum mixed seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Alyssum seeds overnight for better germination?
We can sow the seeds without soaking. Because soaking is not applicable to the all seeds. Alyssum can grow by non-soaked seeds.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
Before sprout generation only we can maintain in the tray later it need more space to grow the roots. So after sprout transplant to the pot or directly to the land.
3. What is the best season to grow Alyssum?
Summer season is the best season to grow the Alyssum. Alyssum can germinate quickly in the summer season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Alyssum seeds can available in all the season also, it germinate in all the season. But in the warm weather, we can expect the quick growing.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
It will take one to three weeks to germinate the seeds. During the germination period need moist around it.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
We should not cover the plants by the plastic. Because it need complete direct sunlight to grow.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Better to keep the plants in the outdoor because it will take the sunlight sufficiently. If you like to grow in indoor we can place the plants where it can the sunlight properly.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
As we experimented our round and rectangular container, both are comfortable to grow the plants. Round container has large deep space, which helps to grow the roots lengthly.
9. What temperature is required?
It requires warm weather to grow so that weather can available in 18 to 21-degree temperature. This is the best temperature to grow the Alyssum.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
As we experimented all the vegetable and flower plants require fertilizer and compost to grow as a healthy plant. If you are using our potting mix no need to worry about such thing. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it, it sufficient to grow.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Alyssum can consume more water. If top surface is full dry we can spray the water once again, or else two to three days once in the summer season. Four to five days once in the winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Alyssum is like warm weather. Also it can sustain heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Alyssum can't sustain without sunlight or less sunlight. It needs, at least, four to six hours sunlight every day.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
It can attack by the Verticillium Wilt and nematodes. Both are the common diseases. If you’re using our Neem oil enough to it. It can fight with diseases and also it helps to grow the plants.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Alyssum will take 8 to 10 weeks to harvest from the sowing. Till that we should provide the water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem oil ( in the case of any diseases).
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit color )
When the flower will come to the good color we can harvest the flower.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We can harvest the Alyssum easily. Just cut the flower by the pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend