Check COD Availability
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Alyssum seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Alyssum?
Summer season is the best season to grow the Alyssum. Alyssum can germinate quickly in the summer season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Alyssum seeds are available in all the season and it germinates in all the season. But in the warm weather, we can expect the quick growing.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
It will take one to three weeks to germinate the seeds. During the germination period need moist around it.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Better to keep the plants in the outdoor because it will take the sunlight sufficiently. If you like to grow in indoor we can place the plants where it can the sunlight properly.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
As we experimented our round and rectangular container, both are comfortable to grow the plants. Round container has large deep space, which helps to grow the roots.
8. What temperature is required?
It requires warm weather to grow so that weather can available in 18 to 21-degree temperature. This is the best temperature to grow the Alyssum.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Alyssum can consume more water. If top surface is full dry we can spray the water once again, or else two to three days once in the summer season. Four to five days once in the winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Alyssum is like warm weather. Also it can sustain heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Alyssum can't sustain without sunlight or less sunlight. It needs, at least, four to six hours sunlight everyday.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
It can attack by the Verticillium Wilt and nematodes. Both are the common diseases. If you are using our Neem oil, no need to worry about diseases. It can fight with diseases and also it helps to grow the plants.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Alyssum will take 8 to 10 weeks to harvest from the sowing. Till that we should provide the water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem oil ( in the case of any diseases).
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
Once the flower starts to bloom, you need to harvest within 2 days .
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We can harvest the Alyssum easily. Just cut the flower by the pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.