Check COD Availability
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Antirrhinum seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Antirrhinum?
Winter season is the best season to grow Antirrhinum. In the cool weather, it starts to cultivate quickly.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Antirrhinum seeds can available in all the season. But beginning of the winter is the best season to grow it
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Antirrhinum can take one to two weeks to germinate as healthy plants. While germinating the seeds the soil should be cool. The cool soil can increase the growing speed.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
It is better to grow in indoor because high sunlight can burn the plants. But make sure that it should be in the bright location.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container is suitable to grow Antirrhinum. Its root requires the large space to grow, so the rectangular container is best to grow this plants.
8. What temperature is required to grow Antirrhinum?
Antirrhinum needs warm weather but not direct sunlight. It can grow 15 to 20ºC temperature.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Even in hot weather, the plant does not need watering more than once every two or three days, five to six days once in the winter and in the rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Avoid the direct sun, which can burn the plant, but keep it in a bright location to encourage blooming.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Antirrhinum can grow either indoor or in the outdoor. It needs cool weather and brightness location to grow.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Anthracnose , Botrytis Blight, Downy Mildew, Powdery Mildew, Pythium Root Rot are the common diseases. In case if you are facing these problems, we advise using "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight against the diseases and it protect the plants.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If we are providing the water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix), Neem oil (If plant suffering from any diseases) properly it will take about 30 to 45 days.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
When you see flowers that have already bloomed begin to wilt, pinch them off the snapdragon stems. This will encourage more flowers to bloom and keep the plants healthy.
3. How to Harvest the Antirrhinum? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
We can harvest the flowers easily by cutting the flowers. It will re-grow.