All About Growing Capsicum From Seeds Growing capsicums from seeds is by far the most inexpensive way to get hold of a bountiful harvest of fresh, juicy capsicums for your pizzas and burgers. If yo...
Antirrhinum seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Antirrhinum seeds overnight for better germination?
Soaking is applicable to all the seeds. Some seeds need soaking someone not. Antirrhinum is working fine if does not soak also.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
Better to sow the seeds in the tray at the beginning, later it need some more place to grow. so we have to transplant the plants on that time.
3. What is the best season to grow Antirrhinum?
Summer season is the best season to grow Antirrhinum. In the warm weather, it starts to cultivate quickly. But make sure that high sunlight can burn the Antirrhinum plants.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Antirrhinum seeds can available in all the season. But beginning of the summer is the best season to grow it
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Antirrhinum can take one to two weeks to germinate as healthy plants. While germinating the seeds the soil should be moist. The moist soil can increase the growing speed.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
Better to cover the plants beginning at two week, later we have to remove the plastic and place it where it can get the sunlight (Sunlight is not mandatory)
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
It is better to grow in indoor because high sunlight can burn the plants. But make sure that it should be in the bright location.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container is suitable to grow Antirrhinum. Its root requires the large space to grow, so the rectangular container is best to grow this plants.
9. What temperature is required to grow Antirrhinum?
Antirrhinum needs warm weather but not direct sunlight. It can grow 27–32ºC temperature.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
As we experimented all the vegetable and flower plants require fertilizer and compost to grow as a healthy plant. If you are using our potting mix no need to worry about such thing. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it, it sufficient to grow.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Even in hot weather, the plant does not need watering more than once every two or three days, five to six days once in the winter and in the rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Avoid the direct sun, which can burn the plant, but keep it in a bright location to encourage blooming.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Antirrhinum can grow either indoor or in the outdoor. Just it needs warm weather and brightness location( Electrical bulb light) to grow.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Anthracnose , Botrytis Blight, Downy Mildew, Powdery Mildew, Pythium Root Rot are the common diseases. In case if you're facing that problem we advise using "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight against the diseases and it protect the complete plants.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If we are providing the water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix), Neem oil (If plant suffering from any diseases) properly it will take five to six weeks.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit color )
When the flower will come to the good color we can harvest the flower.
3. How Harvest the Antirrhinum? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
We can harvest the flowers easily by cutting the flowers.
We Also Recommend