Check COD Availability
Country of origin : INDIA
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Aster seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow the Aster?
Winter season helps to grow Aster. Asters are basically cool weather crop. So it is better to grow in Winter. Its germination process will be strong in the winter season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Aster mixed seeds can available in all the season, it can germinate in all the season also. But it is better to grow in the winter season for quick result.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Aster mixed plants require moist soil around it. It helps to germinate quickly. If we are giving the moist soil it will take about 2 weeks to germinate.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
We can grow the Aster either indoor or outdoor. But we should place it such that it can get the sunlight properly.
7. Which container is suitable to grow Aster? Rectangular, round?
Round container is suitable to grow Aster. Because its root can spread longer. So round container can help to grow broadly.
8. What temperature is required for Aster ?
Aster is the warm weather crop, so 15 to 18-degree temperature is better to grow the Aster.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Asters are the low water consumers. Weekly once in the summer season. Three or four days once in the winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As a cool weather crop, it can't sustain from the high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It can not grow without sunlight, it needs at least three to four hours direct sunlight every day
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
It can attack by the powdery mildew, rusts, white smut, leaf spots, stem cankers, aphids, tarsonemid mites, slugs, snails, and nematodes diseases. In case of these diseases, we recommend to use the "Neem oil". It is an organic pesticide and helps to destroy the diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If we are giving moist soil, water, fertilizer, compost, om timely it will take five to six weeks to harvest from the sowing.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
Once the flower starts to bloom, you need to harvest within 2 days .
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the aster flowers directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the Asters from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.