1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
Baby corn can grow healthy and quickly without soaking.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Baby corn seeds can available in all the season also it can germinate in all the season. But it giving the excellent result in the summer season.
4. How many days will it take to germinate?
It will take about 2 weeks to germinate the seeds. During the germination period, the soil around the plant must be moist.
5. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Better to grow the Baby corn plants outdoor, because plants can consume the sufficient sunlight in outdoor.
6. What temperature is required?
It requires 15.6°C TO 26.7°C degree temperature to grow.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. WILL THE SOIL ONLY BE SUFFICIENT OR NEED POTTING MIX?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Baby corn need water three days once in the summer season and four to five days once in the winter season. If top surface is fully dry we can spray the water again.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As it is summer crop, high sunlight won't make any difference in the growth.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Baby corn need at least five to six hours sunlight every day. It can't sustain without sunlight or in the less sunlight.
WHAT HAS TO BE DONE TO AVOID DISEASE?
Tinda can be attacked by some common diseases. In case of any diseases, you can apply the "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight against the most of the common diseases. Neem oil is also available with us with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Baby corn will take 60 to 100 day to germinate. Till that we need to provide the fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem oil properly.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
Baby corn will be ready for harvesting when baby corn silk comes out 2-3 cms. After 3 to 5 days of their emergency, you can harvest.
3. How to Harvest?
We can harvest the Baby corn easily from cutting the head shower safely.