All about growing Palak in your garden Make your garden beautiful by growing this palak/spinach plants. Palak is a rich source of vitamin B, C, E and healthiest source of nutrients and minerals. Us...
Baby corn seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
Baby corn can grow healthy and quickly without soaking, soaking is applicable to all the seeds. Baby corn working fine when it does not soak also.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the Baby corn seeds in the tray at the begging, but when the roots reach 2 to 3 inches in the length it requires some more space to grow. So we can transplant to the pot easily, if it is in the tray.
3. What is the best season?
Baby corns are growing quickly in the summer season. In the warm weather helps to avoid the common diseases.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Baby corn seeds can available in all the season also it can germinate in all the season. But it giving the excellent result in the summer season.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
It will take more than 20 days to germinate the seeds. During the germination period, the soil around the plant must be moist.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
Baby corns are the warm weather crop also it need direct sunlight, It can grow without covering the plastic.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Better to grow the Baby corn plants outdoor, because plants can consume the sufficient sunlight in outdoor.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Baby corn can grow more than five inches in the length. when the plants will start to growing toll, it requires some more place to grow the roots, so it can grow in the rectangular pot comfortably. Our rectangular pot has sufficient space on it.
9. What temperature is required?
It requires 15.6°C TO 26.7°C degree temperature to grow quickly, this temperature increases the growing speed.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Recently we have introduced the potting mix. All the plants are required fertilizer and compost to grow. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. It helps to keep the soil moist and healthy.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Baby corn need water three days once in the summer season and four to five days once in the winter season. If top surface is fully dry we can spray the water again.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
It is a summer season crop, also Baby corn likes hot weather so it can't destroy due to heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Baby corn need at least five to six hours sunlight every day. It can't sustain without sunlight or in the less sunlight.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Root Rot, Corn Smut, Southern Corn Leaf Blight, Corn earworm are the common diseases can attack to Baby corn. If you find any diseases in your plants, apply the Neem oil. Neem oil can fight as 100% organic pesticide also it makes the plants healthy.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Baby corn will take 60 to 100 day to germinate. Till that we need to provide the fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem oil properly.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit color )
When the Baby corn will come to the good size and color, it ready for the harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We can harvest the Baby corn easily from cutting the head shower safely. Don’t remove the plants it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend