All About Growing Capsicum From Seeds Growing capsicums from seeds is by far the most inexpensive way to get hold of a bountiful harvest of fresh, juicy capsicums for your pizzas and burgers. If yo...
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Basil seeds overnight for better germination?
Soaking is a technic to germinate seeds quickly. The soaking method will not applicable to all the seeds. But Basil seeds can work fine after the soaked.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can sow the Basil seeds in the tray at the beginning when the plant root reaches 2 to 3 inches in the length, it requires some more place to grow. So like that time, we can easily shift the seeds to the pot.
3. What is the best season to grow Basil?
Basil plants need warm weather also brightness location to grow. So can grow it summer season. Summer season helps to grow healthy and quickly.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Basils can germinate in all the season, also seeds can available. But it will give the better result in the summer season.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
It will take more than 10 days to germinate the seeds. Till that the soil around the plants must be moist. Moisture can increase the growing speed.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
We can cover the pot by plastic till germinating the sprout. After the sprout, it requires full direct sunlight. So we have to remove the cover after sprout.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Basils can grow indoor only in the germination period, later it need complete sunlight, So place it where it can get the sunlight properly after the sprout.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
As we suggested round container has the deep length on it. So Basil can grow freely in round container.
9. What temperature is required?
Basil can grow quickly in 18 to21' degree temperature. This temperature can help to grow soon.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Basil need fertilizer and compost to grow healthy. If you're buying our potting mix no need to worry about such things. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. It helps to grow.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Basils consumes more water. It need regular water in summer season, two days once in winter and rainy seasons. We should avaid the over watering to save the plants.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
It can't sustain from the heavy sunlight during the sprout germination period. But when the sprout generates, it can sustain the heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It can grow comfortably in outdoor, after the sprout germination. Because it requires full sunlight to grow.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Fusarium Wilt, Bacterial Leaf Spot, Downy Mildew are the common diseases can attack to Basil. If your plants facing this problem, you can apply the "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight with diseases also, it makes plants healthy. Our Neem oil comes with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you're providing the water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem oil ( Incase any disease) properly it will take nearly 60-90 days to harvest.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the Basil will come to good color, we harvest them
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We can cut the leaves safely from pruning secateurs. No need to remove the plant, it will regrow again.
We Also Recommend